t h i r t e e n

MELANTHA ALARIE

EVERYTHING is hurting, i winch as I slightly move my head when a stabbing pain breaks out trough every part of my head, i slightly roll to my side to see that I'm in a familiar dorm room, Hades very much empty familiar dorm room.

I'm in the same bed I had been in yesterday, I can't remember much from last night but what I can remember is my outburst, watching Kenna touch Hades the way she did didn't just made me angry, just thinking about it makes my headache worse.

Whenever something triggers my powers, I can't stop it from happening and it absolutely explodes. After hades calmed me down, and I somehow managed to lie straight to his face— I drank. And I felt horrible about it but I had to distract myself so it wouldn't happen again, and I'd be able to focus on the alcohol instead.

just like my mother, alcohol distracted her from my dads death.

I sigh as I drag my hands over my face, slightly groaning as I manage to sit up. I glance to the table beside the bed to see clothes and a small note,

'take whatever you want from my wardrobe if these don't work.'
I smile at the wobbly and messy writing as I stand up and undress, putting the dress on the floor and putting on the black sweatpants. My back turned towards the door just as I raise the shirt above my head, a loud painful inhale is heard behind me and I rush the shirt onto my body and turn around to face a devastated looking Hades, confusion rumbles trough my head until I realize that he saw my scars.

My stomach drops as I try to act normal, picking up my dress and flinging it over my arm. He's watching me, my every move. I glance at his fists to see them fully clenched as his knuckles are turning white, I also notice the single split ones from last night.

"You're bleeding." I say, I guide him to sit down and he lets me without complaining as he continues to roam my face with his eyes, looking for something.

As I'm fixing his bleeding knuckles his hand embraces mine and I look at his face to see that he's still watching me, his eyes are filled with worry and pity and i seemingly swallow my sorrows as a thick and painful feeling weighting down on my chest every time I breathe.

"What happened to your back, Melantha." His voice is dark and quiet, I can tell that he's trying to keep it soft to not startle me, rain suddenly pounds against the big window and I slightly flinch at the loud banging and Hades only grows irritated by the small action.

"I got them when I was younger." I shrug as I refer to the scars on my back as I continue to attend to his nasty fully opened wounds,
"what happened." He questions further and I tilt my head thinking of a simple and fast answer.

"Car accident." I lie, when im finally done I cross my arms over my chest. "I told you I'd beat your ass because of that." I say, pointing to his hand and he doesn't find the joke amusing.

"Don't change the subject, tell me exactly what happened." He stares at me with his dark eyes, his black hair messy as always as it peacefully spreads out across his forehead, sometimes I find myself observing Hades.

I notice the littlest things about him that way, such as the single slit in his eyebrow, the small barely noticeable scar on his chin and the way his eyes always roam every inch of my face whenever we're having an conversation.