o n e

MELANTHA ALARIE

     I SLUMP in the backseat of the taxi, watching as the woods get thicker and the rain get heavier. The music in my ears distracting myself from the stinging in my throat, I wasn't the type to like new things, so attending to a different school in a different town was definitely a fight made for warriors.

Miren Academy, the school for outcasts.

Meaning; people with special abilities, super powers, it's odd. Unreal even, I didn't know I was an outcast myself until my teenage years, but I decided for my own good that I'd give this school a chance, maybe I'll feel welcomed for once.

I started my research about this school when my mother first told me about it, when I was eleven, most of my family and ancestors attended to Miren Academy, so hopefully it'll work out just perfect.

I lean my head back as focus on the music. trying to calm myself down, the taxi suddenly halts to a stop and my head bangs onto the seat in front of me, I let out a small groan. Rubbing my forehead.

My groan turns into a gasp as I spot the castle looking building we're parked outside, I thank the driver and he helps me with my luggage, he only gives me a weird look before driving off.

I spot several people in uniforms and what seems like families saying goodbye to their children, i frown wishing I could've brought my father with me. I start walking up the stairs to the main entrance, I get startled when a tall man with a stretching smile stares down at me. I awkwardly smile back, clueless on what to say.

"Ah, you must be Melantha. Beautiful name. . . must I say." He exclaims, I give him a smile. "Thank you."

He suddenly gives himself a small slap on his head, laughing. "My fault, I'm principal Meline, welcome to Miren Academy." Principal Meline motions towards the entrance, quietly asking me to walk with him. Which I do, "Ms. Alarie, your mother have been talking about your arrival, she's expecting your best behavior."

Walking inside I notice how huge the area is, it's also incredibly breathtaking, beautiful. Students walk by glancing at me with judging eyes, i turn my attention towards the principal "I'll assure you Mr. Meline, my behaviour won't be a problem, my mother raised me as a normal teenager even though she tends to be nervous about the control of my ability." I explain, he raises a eyebrow at me. "Which is not a problem, of course. I've trained myself for years."

Principal Meline smiles, "perfect."

A shorter lady with dark smooth skin suddenly appears next to principal Meline with a gorgeous dimple filled smile, "this is Mrs. Talon, she'll help you find your dorm." he stated. She turns to me, "you're assigned with Antheia Rose, such a wonderful girl."

I smile at the woman as she leads me trough the school, i quietly walk next to the older woman as I note the deep design carved into the tall marble walls, my lips stretch into a smile. We reach the dorm area and Mrs. Talon opens the door to reveal two girls sitting on a bed, one off them has her hands levitating above a pot, she focuses on the pot and suddenly a flower starts rapidly growing from the dirt.

Flower manipulation.

the other person on the bed, is sat at the end starring at the flower with a grimace, she's wearing fully black and she seems like the opposite of the flower girl, her dark skin glimmering in the light aswell as the gold jewellery braided into her locs.