Chapter 2

A smile had graced the princess' face all morning lifting the mood of everyone around her. Gwen Waters stood behind her, braiding the silvery-blonde hair of the princess. 

Gwen was another member of the circle that Daenyra had hand selected. Kind and innocent but loyal beyond understanding, the thirteen-year-old Gwen was perfect. 

The now three-year-old princess had gained three loyal members of her court. Ser Derek Snow, Gwen Waters, and her companion Lady Catelyn Tully. All worshiped the princess above all others. 

"Se tymptir rhaenagon tubī" (The game begins today.) The princess whispered to herself as a gorgeous dragon necklace was placed around her delicate neck. 

Today was the tournament for the heir. Her mother would not live through the day but this was also when the game truly began. She had amassed a reputation of being a genius, a perfect angel. 

She was the diamond of the House Targaryen and she would begin placing the pieces on the board. 

"You look, beautiful Princess. Are you excited about your new sibling?" Gwen asked. 

"Oh yes. I've always wanted to be a big sister." She grinned. 

She stood, smoothing out her red dress as she made her way out of the room. Ser Derek waited outside the door, steadfast as a statue. His face lit up at the sight of the small princess. 

"You look lovely, my princess." Ser Derek smiled softly, a sight reserved only for Princess Daenyra herself. 

A servant came up to them as they walked the halls and whispered to the princess that the Rouge Prince Daemon was spotted in the throne room. 

A smile broke on her face as she made her way to the throne room. Rhaenyra was still out riding her dragon and would be for quite some time. 

She made her way to the door giving the guard a cheeky wink as she held her finger to her lips hinting for him to keep their secret. The guard laughed at the little princess' antics opening the door for her. 

They looked to see Daemon seated on the iron throne, "Seven hells" The guard muttered as the princess waved him away. 

"Skoros issi ao doing kesīr?" (What are you doing here?) Her tone was light and teasing, bringing a smile to her uncle's face. 

"Causing trouble as always. Konīr iksos nykeā tournament isse issa rigle." (There is a tournament in my honor) He said standing from the throne and moving towards his niece. 

"There is a tournament for the heir. Though why anyone would celebrate having to sit on that ugly throne is beyond me." 

His laughter echoed around the empty room as he smiled down, "Until your mother births a son the heir would be me... ergo, my tournament." 

"Then I will pray diligently for a brother. Though historically it seems unlikely." The brutal sass in her words amused Daemon to no end. She reminded him of himself, a second-born smart-ass. 

Of course, this was all manufactured, Daemon saw what she wanted him to see. "Ziry iksos sȳz naejot ūndegon ao" (It is good to see you.) She said as she embraced the prince. 

"Nyke emagon missed ao tolī, byka mēre" (I have missed you too, little one) He placed a delicate kiss on her head before releasing her once more. 

"Gōntan ao maghagon issa mirros?" (Did you bring me anything?) 

A smile took over once more as he pulled a valyrian steel headpiece with enormous rubies. "I know how you like shiny things." She allowed him to place it on her head like a tiara.