. Chapter three .

I sit at the large table filled from top to bottom with many foods I have never even seen before, drinks that have colours I didn't know existed, and lots of people.

This was the part I was getting used to. There is hardly any time alone. The train is filled with the victors peacekeeper and lumi. There is also Noah, but he's not bad at all.

On the table, I was sat opposite Noah, and Henley Finnick and Mags were both next to me, and Xavier and Lumi were at the heads of the tables.

There were many small conversations going on between everyone, but I was still trying to figure out why we all had multiple forks and spoons. Noah equally seemed confused, which made me feel less embarrassed, but then I felt a cold sensation on the side of my hand. Finnick had pushed one of the forks to my hand, and I took it.

The next task was finding something to eat that was safe." I am used to eating three things.

1. Fish

2. Bread

3. The most likely out-of-date beans my dad seems to like so much

Definitely not the neon yellow jelly with white fluff on the top.

I look around at everyone else's plates to see what they have. Noah's was filled with cakes; not surprising, Mags had a slice of bread covered in jam. Bread bread bread. Where did she get that? I have scanned this table at least a hundred times. no bread I look to Finnicks to see lots of strawberries and cherries, a few of the cakes similar to Noah's plate, and a few sugar cubes. I thought those were for the hot drinks.

That's also new; they have warm drinks here, and I mean, Hot Mags brought me one when I first got to the table, and let's just say my mouth still burns.

"We'll be at the capitol by morning; when we arrive, you will go off with your prep teams." Lumi speaks slightly louder over the other conversations.

"Prep team," Noah frowned.

There are just people who are going to make you look nice," Henley explained.

I just looked down at my empty plate again.

"Try this," Finnick says, pulling a small glass cup in front of me. I look into it to see a pink, creamy substance that seems to be melting.

He hands me a spoon, and I take a scoop.

The coldness throws me off. At first, I don't know what I was expecting, but it was cold, wasn't it?

But it tastes amazing, like colour has just been let into my grey taste buds. I smile as I look at Finnick.

"What is it?" he scoffs.

"That anz is ice cream." He keeps looking at me with a smile on his face.

"What is it on my face?" I start to wipe a napkin around my lips.

No, it's nothing," he says, shaking his head.

I smiled at him once more.

"You still have the same smile," he said, looking up and down my face almost like he was analysing it.

Alright, best cake out of ten," Noah started. Making a drum roll on the table

Manners, young man," Lumi warned.

Sorry," he spat out, clearly unbothered.

Oh, leave him, lumi." Xavier shook his head and turned back to Noah so he could continue.

"The blue sparkling one gets a 1000 out of ten." He pushes another one into his mouth.

1000, that's pretty impressive," Finnick said, folding his arms.