2• Close to you

I tuned out their conversation and went inside the bus that less females crowd and it was the one that Nasir and Jay friends were at. The couples were obviously in this bus but I didn't care. I fix the two bags on my shoulder and walk to the empty backseat of the bus. On the longest seat where I can feel more relaxed or comfortable if I plan to sleep.

I put my bags on the overhead compartment before sitting and rest my head on the seat ahead of me then continue reading some new wattpad stories that I put in my library. It wasn't until I felt someone in the seat beside me and I lift my head and made eye contact with Nasir. Just like the other times, we just find ourselves staring at each other faces or eyes without looking away until someone or something distraction us. This time it was the bus door closing before it drives off and we got on the road.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you were around here." He says and his fading British accent got stronger with the last word.

"It's alright." I showed him a tight smile before sitting the way I was before and continue my reading but this time I was nervous and my heart was pounding for no reason. I wasn't alright, even my hands got sweaty and the phone neatly fell from my hands making me put it in a little compartment on the back of the seat facing me and look outside my window.

His phone suddenly rings and he mutters something under his breath before answering. "Hello mother... Yes, I am fine... I just got in here... Okay, I'll see you Monday... Love you too. Goodbye."

Smiling at his words to his mother, I think back on the last words my mother said to me. 'Nuh mek yuh grandfada know seh mih come ya.' that was what she says before leaving my little brother in my arms before rushing out of the yard in a expensive vehicle and I never see her face again.

"Are you okay?" He asks from beside me and I look at him confuse. "You're crying."

Before I could turn my head away and wipe my cheeks, his rough hand gently held my jaw and my eyes trailed from his hand up to his eyes. My body shiver like it's from a cold wind that passes but there wasn't any but the air conditioner on, my stomach flips and my lips got dry. Wetting my lips with my tongue, his eyes follows before it went back to my eyes them my cheek as he wipes my tears away. "Thanks. I'm fine."

He didn't believe me like he shouldn't before he slowly let his hand fall to the seat of the bus beside mine before he looks away first. I move my gaze from his side frame and look out at the passing trees and buildings outside. It wasn't long before I feel something touch the tip of my fingers on the seat before it slowly entwine his with mine. It wasn't firm only when I squeeze his a bit and lean backwards on the seat to rest my head.

I was feeling sleepy, unable to control my eyes when they suddenly close bit by bit then my head rest on something hard, smelling of an intoxicating cologne that got me snuggling closer and I took a deep breath before I'm knock out cold.

I was awoken by the snap of a camera and look to see Jay and Sasha grinning like idiots. "Wah uno tek mih picture fah?" I asked angrily.

"A nuh your picture alone. Come on you lovely couple. This is the first and last rest stop before we go back on the road." They went away and I let out a yarn before raising my hand to rub my eyes when I felt hands in mine and I turn to see Nasir sleeping, who still has his hand in mine, it was obvious that I was sleeping on his shoulder and his head was on mine until I move, leaving his in a weird angle.

I use my free hand and rub the signs of sleep before turning to Nasir. Shaking his shoulder a bit but he didn't look like he was getting up anytime soon, so I look my time and admire his face better. His beautiful dark skin resembles rich chocolate and his lashes are way longer than my own. His hair looked so soft that I had to feel it though my fingers before it stops on his rough jaw with newly growing facial hair and a small beard under his chin.