Chapter II

I followed Tristan blindly. After all he held my lively eyes with his palms.

"Almost there" I could detect the smile in his voice.

"Athena's hill" I remember gasping and staring at the woods.

Suddenly I was tossed unto something.

It moved very fast; My human mind guessed it was a carriage.

And I was right.

It stopped at a building, where several other people waited. I recognized the place; Athena's building. Rumoured to have been the home of Athena Grace, the ghost that haunted the hill.

"What's going on?" I asked with unease.

Tristan was beside me, Carla and Stasi were also present. Both snickering much to my shock.

Ropes seized my hands as a bucket of red liquid landed on my face.

By then, the whole school began laughing.

Confused, I ask what was going on. I got only more laughter.

"Tris?"

A sack over my head was the next thing that happened. I fought back, the best of my human strength but all proved futile.

"Awwww, Sugar's about to cryyyy" Tanner Micheal, the Captain of the football team taunted when the sack was removed once we entered the strange house.

"Sad little puppy" Veronica Brandon laughed.

"What? What's..." Was all I could let out.

"Ask your boyfriend"

"Dude," Tristan sneered "That naive simp isn't my girlfriend"

I couldn't believe my ears. I thought my ears failed me, that night.

Tears welled up in my eyes as The rest of the school entered the house.

"Carla? Stasi ?" I desperately called unto them. Begging for someone to tell me what was going wrong.

Carla only smirked while Stasi averted her eyes.

"What is this?" I shouted angrily as those tears flowed freely.

Only laughter erupted.

"Poor baby Persephone is crwying" Sasha, Veronica's best friend teased me.

"No hate, Persephone DeAngelo. It's just after a little discussion we had Friday night about ghosts, we decided to test the myth that Athena Grace was a real person. You see, there's been some rumors," Chris Perry, the leader of the 'popular' boy squad continued "That, her ghost has been sighted here"

"All right!" The crowd cheered.

"And, there has to be someone, you know to welcome her... So, you got the job"

"W..Wh..what... What do you mean?" I stuttered.

"We're locking sweet Persephone in this house .. we'll be back on Tuesday though, to check on you" Sam added.

The lights began to flicker. Everybody got nervous and headed for the door.

I would like to say that was the last thing I remembered but sadly, it wasn't.

"Hello?" I crouched in a corner and refused to move. Sobbing bitterly.

It was three days, and I got neither food nor water. Nobody came back to get me; Even on Wednesday.

I slowly began to starve, losing weight rapidly. I remember wondering what my parents or Luke were doing that moment. Frantically searching for me.

"Who's there?" I continued when I heard a door slam shut.

As a human, I had stomach ulcer, the damage of going three days without food had affected my body greatly.

The boy I thought was my boyfriend had betrayed me. My best friends sought to kill me. I was a laughing stock to the whole school, the victim of bullies when I would return to school. I cried harder till I felt faint.

I lay down unable to move. Nevermind the day or the hour. My fever from crying had worsened as I tried to climb down the stairs.

I remember missing that step, I remember falling. I remember dying in my bloodied gown.

A few minutes before my demise I began to rant.

"I swear on my very grave, everyone that had a hand in this would pay!" I began to breathe slower "...They m-must all p-pay! I will... make... sure... of t-h-at .. I SWEAR I WILL MAKE-"

That was the moment my breathing ceased.

***

Persephone lay on the floor, her hair mangled in blood. Her once beautiful features now maimed.

She stared intently at her own corpse.

"I am sorry" a gentle whisper echoed through the hallway.

"Who are you?"

"I do not remember my name" she frowned " I used to live here"

"Athena?"

"How did you know?"

"Everybody knows you Athena Grace, your ghost is very famous" Persephone's ghostly face betrayed no emotion.

"How did you..?"

"Die?"

"Yeah"

"Similar to yours" she said sadly as we both stared at my body. "I don't remember any of it, the dead forget very quickly.

"Please get rid of that" Persephone told her solemnly.

"I am very sorry"

" Wait! Do you have a pen and paper?"

" You mightn't be able to hold the physical ones. There's one down the Pine tree"

"Quil?" She smiled as she fetched the scroll down the hill in record time. She handed her a feather and a bottle of ink.

"That won't be necessary, darling" She dipped the feather in her own blood.

And poetically, carefully, She wrote down the names of all sixty three students present at the party. The lives that would pay.

"Much much worse than I did" she laughed

A cold smile crept unto her ghostly face as Persephone cross checked one last time.

"Visitor one.... the pawn"

Persephone laughed. A very startling laughter, one that chilled the bones. The end of a new era, the beginning of a murderous one.

Persephone DiAngelo was no more part of the world. But she was still a part of it.

Her revenge gave her leeway to stay. She was entitled.

Funny she was a sweet young girl. Even more funny she turned into this bloodthirsty poltergeist.

But the wrongful dead are to be avenged.