The sunflower thief

Summary: For as long as she can remember, sixteen-year-old Luna has had a love for sunflowers. They remind her of happier times before her parents' divorce and the death of her beloved grandmother. When a mysterious thief starts stealing sunflowers from her neighborhood, Luna becomes determined to catch the culprit and put an end to the thefts once and for all.

But as Luna delves deeper into her investigation, she discovers that there's more to the sunflower thief than meets the eye. With the help of her best friend, Miles, and a new classmate, Aiden, Luna uncovers a web of secrets and lies that threaten to tear apart her small town.

As the stakes get higher and the danger grows, Luna realizes that catching the sunflower thief may be the key to solving a much bigger mystery. But can she put aside her own fears and insecurities in order to uncover the truth and save her community?

Excerpt:

Luna stood on the edge of the field, gazing out at the endless rows of sunflowers. Their golden petals glowed in the late afternoon sun, their heads bobbing gently in the breeze.

She had always loved sunflowers. They reminded her of her grandmother, who used to grow them in her backyard. Luna would spend hours out there, helping her water and care for the flowers. She could still hear her grandmother's voice, telling her stories and teaching her about life.

But that was before the divorce, before her mother moved them to this small town in the middle of nowhere. Luna missed her grandmother more than anything, and the sunflowers were the only thing that made her feel close to her.

That's why it broke her heart when she started noticing that the sunflowers in her neighborhood were disappearing. At first, she thought it was just a coincidence. But as the thefts continued, Luna became convinced that someone was stealing them on purpose.

She had to find out who was behind it. She owed it to her grandmother, and to herself. And she wasn't going to stop until she did.