Chapter 3

Tris's P.O.V

I am sprinting through the woods.

I look around and realize that I am standing on the outskirts of Chicago. The border of Amity.

I see a dark outline of a man, his clothes torn and bloody.

When I move closer I see that the man is Tobias. I run up to him, but an invisible force keeps me away.

A belt slams down across his back.

Marcus.

"Help Me!" he yells. "Tris please!" I need to help him. I search for a way out of the cage I
am in, but nothing works.

The hard leather slaps Tobias's bloody, scarred skin-My eyes flash open. My heart pounding, my breathing heavy.

I search for Tobias for reassurance but I can't find him. It hurts to move so I give up and continue to panic from where I am already sitting.

I scream. louder and louder until someone comes in, a nurse. I beg her for Tobias but she says he is not here.

When I try to get up the nurse stops me.

"Get some rest, it is 2:00 a.m. He will be here in a few hours, he comes everyday at 8:00 a.m."

Reluctantly I agree and try to sleep, but nothing will calm my nerves enough for a full nights rest.

A few hours later I wake up screaming and crying about the reacurring nightmares.

When I look up I see Tobias holding me and Telling me everything is fine and it was just a bad dream.

I burst into tears when I see him, but for the first time in a long time they are tears of happiness.

We sit in a comfortable silence for what feels like a long time when he finally speaks.

"I know you probably need some rest, but I think someone wants to see you."

I look up and see Christina sitting anxiously outside. I wonder if she can see I here or if the windows were one way.

"Ca-" four interrupts me mid sentence, "She speaks!" I had forgotten how silent I had been.

I punch him in the arm playfully and suddenly we are having the a play fight in the hospital bed, when The door creaks open, revealing my best friend, who clearly hadn't slept in days.

She looks worried, very worried.

Christina's POV

Poor Tris.

Her clothes are torn and dirty. Her skin covered in bruises.

She seems like she has barely slept, but every time I've came in she was sleeping or having surgery.

But despite everything she smiles when I come in. A soft smile, it looks like it hurts, but I know she is just trying to stay strong.

My eyes begin to fill with tears. If Uriah doesn't make it, She is all that I have left.

I look at her questioning whether or not she knows.

Four said he was going to tell her... She needs to know.

She's bound to ask for some explaining, but she seems so peaceful.

"H-how's..." Oh no. I cringe. I see Four tense. "Uriah?" She half mutters half croaks.

I finally come to an answer, for her and for my self.

Please like comment and vote for more!

Also follow for updates and notices!!!!

__________________________________________________________________________________

Lol sorry so many cliff hangers...

I AM SO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN SO LONG!!!!

I have a lot of commitments and unfortunately writing a fanfic is not a very high priority.

I am publishing this but working on the next chapter...

Next update: any where from tomorrow to next Sunday
Teaser: You will find out Uriah's condition... And maybe you will finally learn the big secret (unless they are the same)

DISCLAIMER: I don't own any of the characters, books, ect. But most of the story line come from my own imagination and hopes for Fourtris's future and my own happiness.

DISCLAIMER: the teasers are just parts of what I might include in the next chapter, nothing is official.

DISCLAIMER: I can not promise that my update will be soon but I will try my hardest.

Like comment and vote for more!