twenty three - gryffindor party

*Warning - Some violence depicted in this chapter*

It was now Saturday night, Gryffindor party time. A party where I could enjoy myself, have fun- hang out with Artemis, Poppy and Natty. I was excited to let loose, and not have to stress about Sebastian.

I was getting ready for the party, Imelda wasn't going as she disliked the Gryffindor students so she let me borrow the black dress she wore for the Slytherin party weeks ago. I paired the dress with some heeled boots and some silver jewellery. I had already finished my makeup and curled my hair so I was ready to go.

After the insane amount of flirting I did with Garreth all week I was a bit nervous to see him. I felt terrible about leading him on as I didn't feel the same way. But then again it never hurt to keep trying to like him like that...

As it was a Gryffindor party, I didn't know anyone from Slytherin going- other than Xavier... But we hadn't seen each other since quidditch practice and hadn't planned on going together. I did plan on meeting Poppy outside the Gryffindor common room so we could walk in together however.

I walked out of my common room towards the Gryffindor common room- I was quite excited to see what the Gryffindor common room looked like... but was also slightly sad due to me wanting to be a Gryffindor with Artemis when I first started at Hogwarts. I had grown to love Slytherin- but I still was upset at the idea I was separated from Arty.

I noticed Poppy near the entrance to the Gryffindor common room. She wore a loose yellow dress- the yellow complimented her brunette hair beautifully. She was lucky to be a Hufflepuff, yellow was definitely her colour.

"Gorgeous as always Arabella!" She squealed, pulling me into a hug. "Are you ready?" 

"Of course." I smiled, linking her arm in mine. The Gryffindor student standing by the entrance to the common room let us in and we walked in happily. 

My eyes darted around the room as I walked in, although it was dark with the only lights visible being the strobing lights from the dance floor, and the moonlight shining from the windows- the Gryffindor common room was exactly how I envisioned it. The house colour coated the walls and floors, paintings lining the walls, rugs scattered on the stone tile floors. It was magnificent. It somewhat like the Slytherin common room, but a stronger feeling of warmth to the space.

"Let's go find Natty!" Poppy yelled over the blasting music, grabbing my hand and pulling me through the crowd. Natty said she'll wait around the edges of the common room so we could find her, which made Poppy and I's search a lot easier.

We found Natty rather quickly, noticing she was standing with Artemis. We walked over and I pulled my brother into a tight hug.

"If you make one comment about the dress, I will hit you." I said to him after pulling away.

"I wasn't- I'm just glad it's dark in here." Artemis replied. "Less eyes on you."

I folded my arms and raised my eyebrows. He sent me a cheeky smile. "What? As your older brother I have to be protective." He laughs.

"You're only twenty minutes older." I scoff, rolling my eyes. "It's times like this that makes me wish I was born first."

"Well you weren't so suck it up." He chuckles. Natty and Poppy gain our attention momentarily after the interaction.

"Garreth was asking me where you were earlier, I told him you were on your way soon. Maybe you want a drink in your system before you go head on into that?" Natty says, I widen my eyes. I should probably tell him tonight that I don't feel the same way, I didn't want to lead him on any longer...

"Garreth?" Artemis turns to me, confusion laced in his features.

"I- uh..." I spluttered out, trying to find the right words.