FIVE

𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐧-𝐠𝐢𝐨𝐫𝐨 𝐫𝐚𝐚

"You were the one who sent us the envelopes, Madeline?" Selene Moon demanded as soon as Madeline Chan stumbled through the roof door, who made sure to lock the door shut. "What-"

"Don't be ridiculous," Madeline snapped. "I did no such thing and frankly, I wouldn't waste my time on letters. I would have sent a text or something."

"Is this some type of joke?" Selene looked around, ignoring Madeline's arrogance. "Why in the world would anyone send you a letter?"

"What is that supposed to mean?" Madeline's lips curled into a sneer.

Selene crossed her arms. "I know what type of person you are. Emma told me what you did. How you stole Apollo from her and-"

"You don't know what you're talking about so I suggest you shut your mouth," Madeline replied, coldly. Finally, I looked up from the bickering after examining the red envelope.

"Why would any of you want revenge?" I tilted my head in curiosity. I watched as their faces paled from the question. Interesting.

"I was the first rumor on Saint or Sinner," Selene finally said, quietly. "I used to- I used to be... high profile in St. Helios High."

Madeline scoffed. "Please, you weren't even that high profile compared to me. You live in Manhattan, honey, while I live dead center in the Upper East Side."

"At least I don't have a boyfriend who chose my sister-"

Madeline slapped Selene across the face, who stared at her with eyes wide and clutched her cheek.

Madeline's voice was deathly quiet as she said, "He's not my boyfriend. He's my ex now. And if you ever say something like that again, I will make your life even more miserable than it already is. I don't judge you for your fucking flaws and by the looks of the Saint or Sinner article from years ago, you sure as hell have several of them."

Selene cheeks brightened, but this time, it was out of anger. Before this could escalate any further, I intervened. "I don't know who sent us here but I do know that the three of us want the same thing. Let's put our differences aside for now."

"Revenge," Madeline muttered, cooling down a little. "For all the girls who had suffered because of their stupid website, for posting that rumor about me..."

Selene nodded, but still looked miffed. "It's not fair that they can get away with their immoral, disgusting actions because they're boy who were born with everything."

"This is personal for me and Selene," Madeline suddenly turned to me, her eyes narrowing. "But what I don't understand is why you care."

"What?"

"You want me to believe that you actually care about all the girls who had their reputations destroyed?" Madeline snorted, checking her manicure again. "Yeah, right. I don't think so."