「Bungo Stray Dogs」

Disclaimer: I don't own Xiao, Genshin impact, Bungo Stray Dogs. They belong to their rightful owners. I only own the change of the storyline, change of characters and the change of Xiao

Thought or flashback
*action*
Yelling or screaming

(A/n: There will be more Genshin involvement as per the recommendation

[3rd P.O.V]

Darkness is what greeted the adeptus. Silence and stillness are what felt and heard through the faint ringing in his ears, wounds still bleeding and tainting his shirt. He could not open his eyes as the exhaustion laid across his eye lids, beckoning him to just sleep.

His weary bones had taken the brunt of the karmic induced beasts when it threw him around like a toy. He could feel his bones ache through his body like he was hit by a mountain.

Regardless of his mask aiding in enhancing his strength it also drained him significantly, everything felt heavy. Nothing of his quick regeneration could help.

Almost like something was administered to stunt the healing in his body, ceasing it to practically nonexistence. He felt his body was now akin to a mortal's regardless of his immortality.

He vaguely remembering the blood red scarf he saw in his peripheral vision. He questioned it at first, but realization came over him like a tsunami wave crashing over a beach harbor.

Mori poisoned him. Simple as that.

Mori knew he would take the mission when it involved the karmic induced beasts, the adeptus couldn't comprehend how he knew what they were. The boss wasn't what Xiao thought normal a mortal would be.

That man is smart, observant and knew what he had to do to get what he desired for the sake of the Port Mafia.

Mori knew that his loyalty is not swayed but with a contract it solidifies.

The boss wanted to test his loyalty, if he hadn't completed the mission, it wouldn't be forgiven.  Nor he would forgive himself.

All he can do at the moment was float in limbo.

_____________________________

The sound of beeping echoed in the hospital room with quiet hustle of nurses and doctors going along their rounds on checking patients outside the room.

Medical machines hooked up to the arms of the comatose adeptus, an IV was hooked to onto his arm discarded from his uniform and dressed in a simple hospital gown. From his head, arm, legs and torso were wrapped in bandages. He bore a back brace to help stabilize his broken spine but nevertheless looked quite uncomfortable.

The hospital room was nice to a degree at least with some plush chairs for visitors to sit on.

However, the door to Xiao's designated hospital room opened with the account of one hushed voice talking to recipient.