Home-Marco POV

Just a warning that this chapter mentions homophobia, nothing explicit but it's talked about

Monday morning was suddenly so much better knowing I would be going out to dinner with Jean tonight. I was bursting with excitement.

I haven't been back to my dorm all weekend, as I've been spending the night with Jean (and Connie but that's beside the point) every night since Friday. I think Connie may be onto us now, though maybe that's just paranoia. Besides, Armin already knows, if Connie knows I don't think the world will end. I think most everyone knew anyway, either Armin really is the smartest person we've ever met or we're painfully obvious.

Professor Smith just walked into class and it was only me and him, as I made sure I was earlier than everyone else to ask the questions me and Jean wanted to know. He wore his usual, a white, button up shirt underneath a grayish blue waistcoat and matching pants. It was admirable how never seemed to have even a hair out of place and I doubt there was a sliver of an "unprofessional" bone in his body.

Wait no.

I absolutely take that back, he had sex on a school desk while classes were going on.

And people worry about tattooed people being "unprofessional".

"Ah, Mr. Bodt, how are you this morning?" He asked, looking a little surprised to see me though still wanting to engage in conversation. I smiled as a respectful gesture.

"I'm doing good, what about you, sir?" I asked, trying to hide my absolute horror as the sights of that night came back to me. He smiled back, placing his bag at his desk and retrieving his laptop.

"I'm doing as well as I can for Monday. Nearly Christmas, which will be a nice break. Do you have any plans?" He asked, setting up everything for lessons today. I contemplated my answer before I decided, fuck it, he can know.

"Yeah, I'm thinking about inviting my boyfriend to spend it with me and my family." Boyfriend. That sounded really nice.

After this week I will have finally made my decision on if I wanted to take Jean home for Christmas. Things just need to go smoothly and I'll be ready to introduce him to Mama.

In all honesty, my mother's opinion is the only one that really matters to me. If my Mama approves, then I know I've picked a good one. Margo can disapprove, Dad will probably disapprove either way so it doesn't mean shit, and Marie...well she's 10. Nonna and Nonno are aware I like boys and they do their best, so I doubt they'll cause much trouble. Especially not considering they don't speak fluent English, so if they say something, I doubt Jean will understand. Unless he unexpectedly speaks Italian.

But with how protective Mama is, it's not that easy to gain her trust. It will take her the entirety of Christmas break to warm up to Jean, at least.

Professor Smith smiled and nodded before taking his laptop and himself over to the podium at the front of the room.

"That sounds like a lovely time." As formal as ever. It was a moment before I decided it was my job to continue.

"What about you? Any Christmas plans?" I asked, tapping my pencil on the table. Normally I wouldn't be so bold as to pry on my teacher's personal lives but I think Smith likes me enough to be okay with it. He smiled and looked to the side as if he was remembering a fond memory.

"I believe I'm just spending time at home with my fiancé and dog. We are thinking about driving to see my father and sister though we haven't quite decided." He explained, his smile only growing wider when thinking about his partner. Something tells me that this fiancé was Ackermann. An adulterer wouldn't look so blissful when thinking about their beloved that's at home. He seemed to care deeply about the person he was engaged to.