Part 70

I lay still awake staring at the hotel ceiling, watching and counting the time between the blinking light of the smoke alarm on the wall. I Perked up a little from my strange state when I heard Simon fussing in the crib, I glanced at the small clock on the table seeing it was barely even two. But His fussing soon turned worse so I sighed giving y/n a kiss and petting Aroura's hair as she had climbed into bed with us tonight, I pushed myself out of the bed and picked Simon up pulling him into my chest before he could start crying which of course would wake the girls up. he was pouting for his bottle so I grabbed one from the side keeping him on my chest as he drank passing around the small hotel room, Once finished I made sure he burped and by now he was all dizzy eyes ready for sleep again so I set him back int he crib beside his brother giving him back his little bear.

For a while, I just stood loomed over the crib watching the boys sleep so peacefully. 

I jumped out of my skin as the phone rang, it echoing in the deep silence. I quickly grabbed it before it could ring again as I didn't want it to wake anyone else I quickly went into the bathroom with the phone letting the cord get trapped in the door so I could speak.

"Hello?" I asked 

No answer

"Hello?" I asked again 

I heard a female giggle 

"Hello? Who is this?" Immediately they hung up leaving me in silence again, I was fearful of returning the phone to the base, I went out onto the little balcony keeping the door open a crack as I leaned on the balcony fence overlooking the pool and other hotels in the area, I tried not to worry too much until I saw a strange sight, I saw a woman stood close to the pool not far from the bar I couldn't see her face or much about her. But she stood there looking at me. undoubtedly at me. 

"Benny?" I heard behind me making me glace to the door and saw y/n there, I glanced back and saw the woman downstairs was gone so I turned to y/n and smiled 

"Hi honey" I smiled giving her a kiss 

"Hi, what's wrong?" she asks 

"I can't sleep, that's all."

"You're worried aren't you?"

"Course I am." I told her 

"It'll be okay, just got to remember to lock doors, bolt windows and remind the kids about the rules" she explained coming and giving me a cuddle "We'll be okay, you'll keep us safe I know you will" she smiled giving my cheek a kiss

"I didn't do too well last time"

"That was different." she reassured "I know you'll keep our family safe, come on you need your sleep" she smiled tugging me back to bed.