totally_not_amelie - 21

It was Morrigan's last day being twenty years old. She lay starfished out on her Deucalion bed for the first time in about a week, she had opted to stay at Jack's small apartment nearer to Nevermoor University than The Deucalion was, and the past week had been busier for her than normal. She stared at her ceiling, which was currently a dark navy blue, dusted with yellow-white stars. Tomorrow, she would be an adult in all ways that count. No longer the child she was when she came to Nevermoor. Just as she was nearly asleep, a soft knock sounded her back into consciousness. "Come in," She yawned, slightly miffed that she had been awoken. The door opened slightly, and Jack's head poked through the gap. "Is Moggy sleepy?" he fake pouted as Morrigan snorted and sat up. "I'm old, Jack. Are you sure you want to date an old granny who needs a nap most days?" Jack laughed and sat down next to her. "You're not nearly as old as me, Morrigan. Twenty-one is very nearly ancient, I'm pretty old. Also, naps are hot." He proclaimed, pressing his face into Morrigan's arm. "You're freezing, Mog." He said, rubbing his palm against her bicep. Morrigan spluttered. "What do you mean? This is my normal body temperature? Am I getting hypothermic?" She reached for another blanket, but Jack just laughed. "God, Morrigan. Way to ruin my segue. I was gonna ask if you needed me to help keep you warm, but if you're fine then I'll go..." Jack stood up fluidly, but Morrigan pulled him back down. "No, no. Actually..I kind of actually am a bit cold. Freezing, maybe near hypothermic, sooo." Jack smirked, the one that had made her stomach flutter for so long. "Well, alright. If you insist..." Jack slid into her bed, searching for her hand. Morrigan slid into his side, her chin resting on his shoulder and her nose on his neck. "Goodnight, Jacky." She yawned, shutting her eyes. "Wow Moggers, not even an i-love-you?" Her eyelids snapped open once again, her dark eyes visibly rolling. "Goodnight Jacky, I love you soooo much." Jack smirked in triumph. "Goodnight, Moggy. Love you more."

"Love you most."

-

The next morning, the last day of winter, Morrigan slept in late enough that by the time she woke up light was already coming through her window. Jack was still next to her, so something was definitely up. Jack was a very early riser, even on weekends. She sat up abruptly, to which Jack lifted up his head and attempted to pull her back down. "Mog, just another minute, please?" She slipped out of the sheets, and Jack sighed in defeat. "You did something. You're never still asleep this late. What did you do?" Jack stood up, and beckoned Morrigan over to him. When Morrigan stood in front, and almost a head below, Jack brought his lips to her forehead, then her nose, each cheek and finally her mouth. "Happy Birthday, My Mog." Morrigan sighed and joined her hands behind Jack's neck. "Thank you, My Jacky." He smirked and brought his lips to hers, and pulled away just as quickly, "Now, my job from Frank is to keep you out of this hotel for the day." He smirked. "You were right about one thing. We are up to something."

-

"Morrigan!"

Jupiter's loud voice was not dissimilar to thunder as she and Jack made their way downstairs. He swept her up into a tight hug, his greying beard ticking the top of her head. Morrigan laughed as Jupiter held her by her shoulders in front of him. "Look at you. You're so old now." Morrigan rolled her eyes. "Gee, thanks Jove." Jupiter's face split into a wide grin. "Happy Birthday, Mog." He handed her a large-ish box. Inside was an antique silver handheld mirror, with keys engraved into the handle. Black crystals were set around the edges, accompanied by the words "Happy Twenty First, Morrigan Odelle Crow. Love, Deucalion family." Morrigan smiled to herself, and shouted thanks to all of the Deucalion staff that were in close proximity. Jupiter smiled down at her, and then glanced at Jack, who was leaning on the stair banister. "Now, Frank's got a thing planned. So Jack's going to keep you out of here for the day." Jupiter patted her shoulder. "Happy Birthday, Mogs."