4.somewhere in time part 2

Somewhere in time
Season one
1xo2

They went back through the tunnel and into the basement and Griffin put something in front of the gap to hide the portal while Juniper and Harper both tried to get connection

"Anything?" Griffin asked the girls when suddenly two dings where heard coming from the phone.

"The bunker must have been blocking the signal" juniper sighed in relief.

"So we made it back, and everything's okay" griffin smiles.
"Not exactly" harper comments looking at the spam of messages from her mother before showing Griffin.

"We have to get home. Now".
"What are you doing down here?" A voice asked making the trio jump in surprise. Ben Campbell stood at the top of the stairs.

"I've been looking all over for ya" he said.
"Umm I was- giving the girls a tour" Griffin tells his dad quickly.
"Of the basement?" Ben asked confusion laced in his voice.

"Uh yeah, I painted a picture in my head of what the hotel looked like in the inside, I just wanted to see if it matched up" Harper quickly makes up.

"You should go upstairs before the twins take all the pizza" Ben tells them.
The teenagers quickly ascend up the stairs to go and get their food.

The trio entered the front of the house once again to see Topher telling the twins about his encounter with Savannahs ghost.

"Mum, what are you doing here?" Harper asked her mother.
Jess marched right up to the girl saying,"you went answering your phones, either of you" before pulling them both in a hug.

"The signal wasn't great in the basement" Griffin tells Jess trying to take the blame.

"You were in the basement?" Jess asked her daughter.
"I know it looks like the place might fall down around us but most of the work needed to be done is cosmetic" Sarah tries to ease Jess' worry.

"Ben Campbell" Ben introduces himself to Jess holding out his hand.
"I know who you are" Jess says not shaking his hand.

"Let's go" Jess says taking her daughters arm and taking her away.
"You too Juniper".

"Bye" juniper hugs griffin.
"I'll see you tomorrow" he says hugging back and kissing the top of her head.

"Good luck surviving the night" Topher tells the twins before leaving.

"I sent a text why are you so mad?" Harper asked her mum.
"In the car now" Jess commands the children ignoring Harpers question.