B

It's 4:30 in the morning, and I'm lying in bed waiting for my own alarm to wake me.

I'm thinking back to when I was hanging my uniform up on its peg in the firehouse yesterday after saving Charlie and his brother - if it wasn't for their mother, I doubt I would've gone back to double-check. So, really - she's the one to thank.

The squad knew about Charlie asking me to get drinks as a 'Thank you', from him. They cheered me on, Lowe even said he was cute. Cas whistled at me. Mack cocked his eyebrows. But Captain kept his comments to himself, but I knew what he was thinking and I'd preferred that he did keep the comments to himself, the whole squad knew I was bisexual but never pressed on that side of my sexuality. None of them was the same as me, but they were a part of the community. So - no horrible things were ever said.

When Charlie showed up at the firehouse just a few moments after the time I told him I was finishing, he was standing and waiting for me, both his hands playing with the other. He was nervous.

"Hello?" I whipped my head around to find the curly-haired, blue-eyed prince in distress from earlier.

"I'm looking for Firefighter Nelson?" I smiled, even my official job title sounded good rolling off his tongue.

"You've found him," I said before anyone from the squad could put their own forth.

"Helloooo, you've bigger even without the uniform on..." My cheeks immediately burn, and I wasn't embarrassed by his not-so-subtle comment... but it's been a while since anyone has commented, even my last girlfriend never complimented me like Charlie just did.

And my mum doesn't count, that's her job.

I bit my lip to hold back a little laughter.

"Oh shit, did I say that out loud?" I look at him, I nod only slightly.

"Only a little bit, it's okay though - thank you" His cheeks turned pink, and his fingertips pulled his sleeves further down than their designed to.

"I just meant, you're strong looking- I mean you've got big arms- I mean, you're fit... GOD!" I smiled, 3 compliments in 1 sentence, it's a rare day for me.

"I used to play rugby back when I was in High school" Hopefully giving him that piece of information, he'd feel less embarrassed about his sweet and thoughtful compliments.

"Ah, so you've got big fit strong rugby arms then" His cheeks were still pink, did he just one-up his own compliment?

"Yeah, I guess you could say that, they saved your little brother today after all so they come in handy" His eyes showed kindness.

"Thank you again for that, that was truly horrible - but I felt like I should update you. My little brother is fine, minor concussion from the beam but he's awake and my Mum is on high alert to make sure he's okay" I released a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"I'm happy to know I got to you both on time, that is my main objective" He nods.

"Yeah, well can I still get you a drink as a thank you?" I throw my rucksack over my shoulders.

"Of course, I know a place not too far from here" I smiled at him, and he nods backing up to do a 180-degree turn.

"Lead the way" I pace myself next to him and we end up walking side by side for a few minutes, we barely speak a word, but I sneak a glance or two at him. His sharp jawline, his pulled lips, his eyes rapidly moving from side to side - all of him was very interesting, dare I say it? He was very ka-ute.

We eventually find the entrance to the little pub, we walk inside and the music playing is loud enough for people outside to hear it, but surprisingly not loud enough that we had to shout to be heard.