E

*2 months later"

"So Nelson, now that you're back up and running - did you have a good time healing - what did you do with your time off?" I rolled my eyes shuffling my feet on the freshly polished floor of the firehouse. Cas took a step towards me and brushed his fingers through his hair. He was feeling awkward about the question.

"Yep and it feels good to be back, my time off was quiet" I looked away knowing the real truth.

"But I've got a date tonight and it's in an hour - so I got to get back home and freshen up" Cas nods with a little smile on his face.

"I'm happy for you, Nelson" I smiled back at him, lifted my hand turning it into a fist, and he met me halfway with his own.

"Well, I think it's fair to say from us all that we are happy for you. He seems to make you really happy and that's all we ever wanted for you - even if it is with a guy" I lifted my eyes sharply at the comment.

"I'm only stating it because we know how much bad luck you've had with your previous meet-ups, knowingly they were all girls so I - Uh, we hope this guy proves to be better than them" I smiled shyly.

"I have a good feeling about him" He nods and turns on his feet and heads back to the stairs. I check my watch and see that my hour has lessened to 45 minutes.

I turn on my feet when I get a text from Char, my cute nickname for him immediately puts a smile on my face.

Char - Bring your uniform, please x

Nick - Okay...? x

I squint in confusion but backtrack into the firehouse. We aren't really allowed to take our kits home but no one is around to see me doing it. If I get questioned, I took it home to get it washed as I couldn't wait till the end of the month.

Grabbing the kit, I trot outside and march along the streets to my house.

Many thoughts ran through my mind.

1 month after Charlie got here and started working with his station - he made a vast decision to get an apartment closer to his work... his mum Jane thought that getting a house 45 minutes away from the station would've made him want to quit (even though the entire family moved because Charlie needed to re-locate) and he took things a step further just to piss his Mum off and moved out completely - but promises to take Oliver to the day-care when he can get to him throughout the week.

So, because of this, I am now on my way to his apartment which is not only 10 minutes from his station but 15 minutes away from my apartment. He swears himself he didn't do it intentionally and it was all that was available - but I believe differently.

With my uniform under my arm, my backpack on my back and my heart racing a mile a minute, I take a left turn and cross the street.

My phone goes off with another text from Char.

Char - You'll find out ;)

My heart was racing even faster now, I loved everything that Charlie & I have done, we've been together a week after our proper date after I got discharged from the hospital when I got told I couldn't go back to work until I knew my shoulder was fully healed - they sent a nurse to check on me and everything. Once she deemed me fit and strong enough - that was yesterday.

But, the question that was tugging on my brain like a toddler pulling on their parent's trousers to get their attention for something - I wasn't panicking at all, my heart racing was more like excitement but a small part of it was nerves. Good nerves though.

This is the first time he's requested that I bring my uniform anywhere from work - but I'm NOT worried. I'm VERY excited.

I arrived outside Charlie's apartment, he had his blinds and curtains closed but I could see the lights through them.