15. A Wolf ?

Annabelle

My head was throbbing and I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't. I also had difficulty moving, it was as if my legs or my hands were tied. Suddenly I felt tingles on my right hand and realized it was him. I tried to open my eyes again and gasped because the white lights hurt my eyes.

"Annabelle!?" I heard his worried voice.

I touched his cheek and smiled, trying to reassure him that I was okay now. He looked terrible, and I knew it was because of me. He had dark circles under his eyes, clearly not having slept much. He didn't look like my Archer at all. The sparks I feel when I touch him are stronger, and his smell is delicious.

Vanilla and rain

I love this combination.

"Did she wake up?" Someone asked as she got into the room. I narrowed my eyes and realized it was Olivia.

"How are you feeling?" He looked at me worriedly and I tilted my head confused. I started to remember what had happened and began to panic only to feel the sparks on the back of my hand and relax again.

"It's okay, I will never let anyone hurt you again." My Archer said with pain in his eyes and I smiled. That means he will not leave me again.

"I'm f-" My voice was hoarse, so he immediately gave me water to drink. I gulped it down impatiently, feeling better. "Thank you." I managed to say.

"How are you feeling?" Olivia asked, looking at me and then at Archer, but his eyes were only on me.

"I'm fine, my head hurts, and also my arm and leg a little bit, but I'm alive so it's okay," I replied. I felt different as if I wasn't completely myself.

"Are you sure? I mean, don't you feel a little strange?" She asked again and I looked at her confused.

'How does she know?" I thought to myself.

Archer had a guilty and worried look on his face, while Olivia was very wary of me.
As I was about to answer, the doctor came in to check on me. After a while, he gave me something for the pain and then looked at Archer and it seemed like they were communicating. It was really strange and Olivia was staring at me making me uncomfortable.

"Is everything okay?" I managed to ask.

Archer's head shifted in my direction again and his eyes softened. I could see how tense he was.

"We should tell her!" Olivia said and he growled at her.

"Tell me what?" I looked at Archer and then back at Olivia as I tried to get up.

"Angel stop, you can't move now, please," Archer said and grabbed my waist firmly.

I wanted to reply and say I was fine, but my head was spinning and black dots obscured my vision. My head started to hurt even more and I saw Archer trying to speak with me and panicked, but I couldn't hear him. I could feel my body on fire and I was in terrible pain. I was screaming, or at least I think I was, but I couldn't hear myself. It was as if someone had broken every single bone in my body. I didn't understand what was happening, I just wanted someone to put an end to this pain.

"Angel, let the pain in. Trust me, everything will be all right. I'm with you" Archer said, but to me, it was as if he was whispering. I could barely hear his voice and I couldn't even focus.

After what seemed like an eternity, the pain ceased. I opened my eyes and looked around. I was on the ground and everyone was looking at me.

"Annabelle!" Archer exclaimed as he looked at me worriedly.

I tried to say that I was fine and that the pain was over, but nothing came out of my mouth. I panicked and tried to get up when I saw paws.

'Is there a dog here?' I thought to myself.
"Don't call me a dog. I'm too beautiful to be called a dog." I heard a voice in my mind.

I looked around but saw nothing when a thought occurred to me. I was a wolf, it was me, everything clicked in my mind, the pain, not me talking, the golden fur and paws.

"Who are you?" I asked myself in my mind feeling ridiculous a moment later.
"My name is Star, and I'm your wolf, honey," she said and I was so confused.

I panicked again and a sound came out of my mouth. I just growled, Me?!

"Annabelle, I know you need an explanation, but I need you to shift." My mate said as he approached me.

'How the fuck do you expect me to do that? It's not like I read a book about it. " I tried to say, but another growl came out.

Even though I was unable to speak, he understood me, so I instantly relaxed.

"Close your eyes and think about your human form." He explained, and I did so. I could feel myself changing, but it wasn't as painful as it was the first time.

I saw my paws changing into hands again and I relaxed. Archer put a blanket to cover me and I was glad he did that. He took me in his arms bridal style and put me to bed, but I was angry and his gentle side didn't change my mood.

"Annabelle, I can explain." My mate said with guilt in his voice, but I lowered my gaze not wanting to soften because of his handsome face.

"I like mate. Kiss mate!" my wolf demanded.
"Oh, shut up," I said trying to ignore her as if it wasn't already difficult to have his hands on me and feel the sparks.