Chapter 4

The group sat huddled together, mourning the loss of Tony. They had lost one of their own, and it was a harsh reminder of just how dangerous this world was.

"I can't believe he's gone," Aislinn said, her voice choked with tears. "He was so young."

The rest of the group remained silent, lost in their own thoughts. They knew they couldn't dwell on Tony's death for too long, though. They had to keep moving if they wanted to survive.

"We can't stay here," Sam said, breaking the silence. "We have to keep going."

The rest of the group nodded in agreement. They gathered their belongings and set out once again, their hearts heavy with grief.

They walked in silence, each lost in their own thoughts. Every sound made them jump, and they were constantly on guard, fearing another attack from one of the giant beasts.

As they walked, they came across a river. It was the first time they had seen water since they entered this world, and they rushed to its edge, desperate for a drink.

But as they approached the water, they saw movement in the distance. They froze, unsure of what they were seeing.

As the movement got closer, they could see that it was a group of centaurs. They were muscular and fierce-looking, and they were armed with bows and arrows.

The group knew they were in danger. They had to be careful not to make any sudden movements or noises that might attract the centaurs' attention.

They crept along the river's edge, trying to avoid being seen. But as they passed behind a tree, one of the centaurs spotted them.

"Who goes there?" the centaur shouted, raising his bow.

The group froze, unsure of how to respond. They were trapped, with no way to escape.

But just as the centaur was about to shoot, a voice called out from behind him.

"Stop! What are you doing?"

The group turned to see a woman approaching. She was tall and slender, with long brown hair and piercing green eyes. She wore a long flowing robe and carried a staff.

The centaur lowered his bow, bowing his head in respect.

"Forgive me, Lady Ilythia," he said. "I thought these humans were trespassers."

Ilythia approached the group, a small smile on her lips.

"You need not fear," she said. "I am Lady Ilythia, a friend to all who dwell in these lands."

The group introduced themselves, grateful to have found a friendly face in this dangerous world. They explained their situation to Ilythia, telling her about their journey and the creatures they had encountered.

Ilythia listened carefully, her expression growing more serious with each word.

"You are brave to have come this far," she said. "But you must be careful. There are many dangers in these lands, and not all are as kind as I."

The group nodded, taking Ilythia's warning to heart. They knew they couldn't let their guard down, not even for a moment.

Ilythia offered to guide them to her home, where they could rest and recover. The group gratefully accepted, following her as she led them deeper into the forest.

Ilythia led them through a dense forest filled with towering trees and winding paths. They walked for hours until they finally arrived at the outskirts of her homeland. The land was lush and green, with rolling hills and a peaceful stream flowing through it.

Ilythia led the group towards a small cottage, nestled in a clearing. As they approached, a young man stepped out of the door, looking surprised to see a group of humans.

"Who is this?" Jake asked, looking at Ilythia.

"This is Digby," Ilythia replied. "He's a human like you. I found him being chased by a pack of goblins and rescued him."

Digby looked at the group, relief flooding his face. "I thought I was the only human left," he said.

"We're all in the same boat," Evie said, smiling at him. "We're just trying to survive in a world filled with creatures that want to eat us."

Digby nodded in agreement. "I've been on my own for so long, I forgot what it was like to talk to someone. It's good to meet you all."

Ilythia invited the group inside, and they sat down around a fire, exchanging stories and learning about each other's experiences. Digby told them about his travels and how he had narrowly escaped a pack of werewolves. The group shared their own stories of survival, including the loss of Tony.

"I'm sorry for your loss," Digby said. "It's tough out here. But we have to keep moving forward, keep fighting."

Ilythia nodded in agreement. "You have to stick together. Humans are stronger when they're united."

The group agreed, feeling a newfound sense of camaraderie with one another. They spent the night in the cottage, safe from the dangers lurking outside. But as they drifted off to sleep, they knew they had to keep moving, keep fighting to survive in this world of mythical beasts.

As the group prepared to leave the cottage the next morning, Ilythia approached them with a serious expression on her face.

"There's something I need to tell you all," she said. "As much as I would like to keep you all safe here in my village, there's a magical reason why humans can't stay for too long."

"What do you mean?" Sam asked.

"The longer humans stay in our village, the more likely it is for magical creatures to come seeking them out," Ilythia explained. "It's like our magic attracts them."

The group exchanged worried glances. They couldn't afford to be a beacon for every beast in the area.

"I don't want to put any of you in danger," Ilythia continued. "But there is a legend of a safe zone, a place where humans can live free from all beasts. I don't know if it's real, but it's worth a try."

"Where is it?" Aislinn asked.

Ilythia shook her head. "I don't know. It's just a legend passed down from generation to generation. But I believe there's truth to it."

She turned to Digby. "Digby, I need you to stay with this group. You're resourceful and have survived on your own for a long time. Together, you may be able to find this safe zone."

Digby nodded, looking determined. "I'll do my best."

The group thanked Ilythia for her hospitality and guidance, and set off on their journey once more, with Digby now among them. They knew the road ahead would be dangerous and uncertain, but they were united in their mission to find this safe zone and finally live without fear of being eaten by a mythical beast.