-07. softie

⇢ ˗ˏˋ  🌊📚࿐ྂ

KALEHNA SAT ON HER couch crying as her parents lectured her.

"do you know how embarrassing it was, people seeing our daughter and her boyfriend run out and not come back!"

"don't you cry, suck it up you little punk!" her father yelled.

"i feel bad for that boy, having to deal with you for a few hours while we can even handle you for a day." he said again.

"if you simple admit you were wrong, you wouldn't have gotten so mad!" her mom yelled

"but you're the one who yelled at me! and made something that small so big!"

"first , don't you dare talk back too me. second, you spilled water on the boys most likely, expensive suit! he didn't care because he was kind, why? because he's your boyfriend!"

kalehna knew she couldn't say anything else,  knowing if she did her parents would know kai isn't actually her boyfriend.

"now go upstairs, and clean that pig pen of yours!" her mother said.

kalehna nodded as she walked upstairs, wiping her tears.

even though she was brought up to be tough, kalehna was the biggest baby, and she woood cry for hours.

hours that would lead to her hiccuping, to her throwing up, to her falling asleep on her bathroom floor.

she looked at her bedroom, seeing a small amount of clothes on the floor, as well as some papers and hairpins.

"it's not even that dirty." kalehna said, collapsing on the floor still crying.

eventually she started to clean, after her dad came in and yelled at her for doing nothing.

as kalehna was picking up stuff, while putting hairpins away in her bathroom.

she cried the whole time, trying to make herself stop.

suddenly there was a knock on the window, and kalehna turned to see a smiley boy.

at least until he saw that kalehna was crying.

she opened the window, and kai quickly rushed inside.

"hey." kalehna said. "don't hey me, you're crying." kai said, sitting kalehna down onto her bed.

"was crying."

"kalehna, talk to me. please? i'm not an idiot, i see you trying to hold back your tears. i know i just snuck in through your window, but please i'll listen to what you have to say, i swear you can trust me."

that just made kalehna cry even more, and she lay her head on kai's chest crying.

"my parents yelled at me for leaving the dinner, and then said they felt bad for you because you have to deal with me for a few hours at school and they can't even handle me all day. then they sent me here to clean!" kalehna sobbed.

"for the record, i enjoy being with you. you can be a bit dramatic, but it's really cute." kai said, wrapping his arm around kalehna.

"kalehna, no matter what your parents say to you, since i don't know everything they say i just want you to know that you belong to be on this earth."

"you deserve to live, to breathe, to fall in love, all of that! you're a beautiful, and talented girl, and you deserve to be happy. not sad, stressed, anxious especially around your own parents ."

"and hey, look who came into your life like 2 months ago. i'll make sure you're always happy, okay?"

kalehn looked up at kai, and realized she had stopped crying. she never stopped crying this fast before, and she couldn't figure out what changed.

"kai kamealoha, this might sound weird. but i'm glad you're an idiot and was about to flunk the SAT, because then i would the chance to tutor you, and the chance to realize you're the sweetest softie in the world."