-09. admit it

⇢ ˗ˏˋ  🌊📚࿐ྂ

"SO YOU BEFRIENDED STEPH, does that mean i can finally have a chance with her?" julian said excitedly.

"probably not." harper joked, and julian hit her arm roughly.

steph started to walk to their table with her lunch tray.

"hey kalehna, mind if i sit here?" she asked. "nope not at all." kalehna said.

"hey steph." harper waved, "oh shoot. you're part of the royals. why didn't you tell me one of your friends were apart of the royals?

"i didn't think it had to be mentioned." kalehna shrugged.

julian was silent, and steph looked at him weridly.

"hey julian." steph said, and julian's eyes widened. "you know who i am?"

"you sat with my table for a few weeks when we were in 2nd grade when you first came, remember?" steph said.

"of course i remember, i mean how can i forget. why would i forget i sat with steph denisco. i mean you're so pretty and-"

"okay, maybe you should eat we don't want you to starve." harper said, shoving a chicken tender into julian's mouth.

kai then came over, wrapping his arms around kalehna's shoulders. "hi." he said.

kalehna looked up, meeting kai's face. "hi." she said smiling."

"how you feeling, you okay?" kai said, leaning over.

"you don't have to check up on me, i'm okay." kalehna said.

"i know, i just want to make sure your doing good."

"well i'm telling you i'm doing good. now go harass damien for me."

"gladly." kai said, smiling as he walked away.

"okay, lahela and i were telling you there's something between you two." steph said.

"yes, steph i literally love you. you're so right. kalehna, you're smart, but obviously only book smart." harper said.

"hey, what's that supposed to mean?" kalahena said, offended.

"i think she means you're blind, and can't see the fact that kai likes you. and that you like him." julian said.

"i don't- come on you guys." kalehna tried to defend herself.

"dude, he gave you the most "come here and kiss me" look when you looked at him." harper said.

did kalehna really like kai, and did he really like her?

she looked at kai, who was bothering damien while talking to him, while getting ready to collect the table's trays and throw them out.

kai smiled at kalehna, shooting her a wink.

kalehna smiled, taking in his looks, how kind he was putting away his friends trays, his looks...

oh shoot.

"i don't want to admit it, but you guys are right.  i like kai."

nayah speaks !

filler but CUTE chapter