Chapter Four

Before the Korean New Year and the start of the new semester, Donghyuck reached out to an academic advisor and tried his best to convince her that he really needed to take an academic leave. When he was asked why, and that was completely normal, since Donghyuck was doing great, he replied that he felt too much pressure.

"I also want to try and work somewhere as a part-timer," he added. "I've never worked before."

"Well, you seem very determined," the academic advisor nodded. "I just hope that your mental condition gets better and you'll return with an intention to achieve more."

"I just hope so too."

Donghyuck got the paperwork for the study break and could finally breathe properly. Not for long, however, as the same day, he needed to temporarily, until the limit of the study break ended, move out of his dorm room. Jeno helped him with this as they were practically roommates. Together they packed most needed things, which happened to be a lot, and drove off to a little apartment both rented with their low income.

It was further from the main buildings of the university, but both were thankful as it was a remote area with people who didn't know them. Donghyuck knew he could finally relax and stop thinking about problems. Just live in this little apartment and wish the best for baby Noram. After all, his situation wouldn't get any worse than it was for the Future Donghyuck. He was alone by this time, but this Donghyuck had Jeno very close by his side, who cared for him very well.

He also had Mark. The senior came to see them every day as he planned to move in too. Jeno wasn't against that. In fact, he was the one who suggested that. Donghyuck was surprised when he heard his boyfriend and Mark sharing this with him, but then he saw how affectionate Jeno got toward the senior ever since they had that conversation. It seemed like the feelings he had toward the senior returned. Or maybe they were always there. Because Donghyuck could see that the bad emotions toward Mark dried out and they acted like friends again.

Well, partly. Donghyuck often walked into them having upgraded bromance into romance. They often touched each other―butt slaps were a frequent sight―but hugged even more. Jeno kept panicking that his boyfriend saw him but didn't stop. Either he saw no disapproval in Donghyuck's face or just started to get more comfortable.

Mark moved in right before the semester started. This period got tougher as both guys were rarely home, and Dongyuck had to deal with everything himself. He was usually lonely now that he didn't study. He tried to look for ways to work from home but stopped when Jeno, and also Mark, categorically restricted him from any hard work.

"I'm bored!"

Mark and Jeno tried to seek ways to entertain Donghyuck. They invited Jaemin and Renjun a lot, but the brunette got upset the moment they left. The thing is... They didn't have much money, so buying video games was impossible. They attempted to show books to the brunette, but the latter hated reading and refused.

"Don't read for yourself. Read for Noram," Mark once said, and then Donghyuck started reading books out loud.

Donghyuck was used to sharing the bed with two guys in the little apartment. He slept in the middle, so he knew each of their habits. Jeno liked hugging him from behind, meanwhile, Mark snuggled to his chest. That was the furthest they went.

The affection between the three grew into something bigger as a month passed when they started living together. Mark started touching Donghyuck more freely. For example, he could hug him right in front of Jeno's eyes, and he didn't get beaten. Same with Jeno. When he was with Donghyuck, Mark no longer looked upset.