3

"alright kids, class is dismissed, make sure to start your projects asap!" miss stacy said, whilst grinning.

most of the teens were scowling at her, which made the young teacher laugh to herself.

i angrily grabbed my sheet of paper from my desk and moodily exited the classroom.

i pressed my back against the stone cold wall, and impatiently waited for my kindred spirit to exit the classroom.

tap tap.

i looked up, expecting too see my chirpy bosom friend exit the classroom but i was greeted with the glare which belonged to gilbert blythe.

behind him, appeared diana, who was smiling ever so much.

as she approached me i spoke, "i cannot believe she would do this, how dare she pair me with a vile creature like gilbert blythe."

"you know, it may not be ever so bad anne, maybe you will both stop this silly rivalry and end up admitting your feelings for eachother." diana smirked, preparing herself for the backlash i was about to release.

"ugh, as if i would ever step a toe near him never mind date him. ew gross."

"looks like your gonna have to do more than step a toe near him as result of this project though." she chuckled, starting to walk.

"don't remind me. your so lucky your paired with charlie your future husband." i complained, furrowing my brows.

"anne! don't say that so loud." diana shushed, her cheeks turning rosy.

"sorry lover-girl." i giggled, and shortly after, diana joined in giggling too.

me and my raven-haired friend made our way down to lunch. we was switching between topics of what's for dinner today, and how she should make a move on charlie.

personally, i believe charlie has feelings for her.

in fact, I KNOW he's got feelings for her, he's just to shy to admit it. and yes, i've told diana this many times but it just gets her into a flustered mess where she's denying the whole thing.

they would be perfect for eachother.

they both live near eachother and they have similar interests and their families know eachother very well, it would just be wrong for them not to be together.

sometimes i wish i had this relationship with someone, but i repeat the words in my head which billy repeatedly tells me. 'im a silly orphan girl and i don't deserve anyone's love.'

"hey anne, are you going to sit down?" cole asked me.

"oh, yes, my bad, i was day-dreaming."

"what..? about the fact that your going to study with gilbert blythe. which is absolutely appalling by the way, cause ruby has dibs." josie said, looking me up and down whilst putting her arm around ruby.

shit. i'd completely forgotten about the gilbert-studying thing, and i was feeling much better too.

to be honest, i dont even know why josie hangs with us. she isn't a nice person to be around.

"seriously josie, you really think i wanted this? i practically begged miss stacy so hard to not work with him but she wasn't having none of it." i responded, rolling my eyes.

"well, you clearly didn't try hard enough." josie spat. "it's okay rubes, i'm on your side."

"on my side? josie it's okay, i don't care, i like someone else now." ruby said, a smile falling onto her lips.