chapter zero - unwelcomed guests

A soft tune gently floated in the air, mixed with chatter and polite conversation.
A ball in honor of princess Jay Ferins twenty second birthday.

Gillion Tidestrider, prince of the undersea, heir to the throne, currently talked to her over a glass of wine.
They had been friends for years, since the Navy and the Undersea Kingdom had formed an alliance.

And now the two of them pretended to love the wine that was way to dry for either of their liking and laughed about the horrible dance skills of Gillions advisor, that was currently trying to impress Jays handmaid.
"Shh, not so loud", Gill said, as he tried to keep a straight face and Jay took a deep breath. "But it's so funny", she said and he smiled. "Oh, I know, but etiquette says loud laughing is impolite", he said and she nodded quickly. "I know, I know"

And then they watched how Gillions cousin Prince Caspian walked up to the advisor and politely asked up to come with him, away from the dancefloor. "Thank god", Jay sighed and chuckled.

They went for a dance themselves a bit later, had another drink, before they suddenly heard it. Crashing of glass, loud footsteps and yelling. And then the ballroom was invaded by a crew of pirates.
Guards pulled swords and so did Gillion, while Jay lifted her skirt, taking a gun from the holster around her thigh.

A chaos of screams and dust and the sound of metal, meeting metal filled the room.
And in mids of it Gillions blade suddenly met the one of a brunette man. His clothes were dirty, slightly torn around the seems.
He had scars on the visible skin, one across his face, ending in a dimple that showed as he smirked at Gillion.
"You're quite a beauty", he said smug, before Gillion slashed at him, missing by less then an inch. "And you're quite uncivilized", Gill replied, before their blades met again.

The stranger pushed him back, slid over the floor to slash at his side, but in a quick motion Gillion jumped over him, landing in a roll, before making another attack.
"You're good at this", the pirate commented and Gill, just as his heart jumped at the first compliment of his life, kept a straight face and hit the stranger right on the shoulder.
"Practice", he replied and suddenly he felt the wall against his back and his sword gliding from his grasp as the other disarmed him quicker then he could even realize.

"Name's Chip, your highness", the brunette said and caged him with his swords.
Slowly he leaned closer and smirked.
"I'd love to keep you, so if you-", he was cut off by the click of a gun and cold metal pressed against the back of his head.
"I don't think so", Jay suddenly said behind him and he rolled his eyes as he sighed.
He whistled and suddenly a brunette woman with long, curly hair jumped off the railing and tackled Jay to the ground, disarming her as well. "Nice try, sunshine, but no one threatens my brother besides me", she said and tied her wrists together with a rope.

"And now you, my darling prince", Chip chuckled almost crazily, "I don't want to hurt you, so just make this easy for both of us"
"No, you will let me and Jay go this instant", he replied and Chip sighed, one sword lifting the princes chin.
"So pretty and yet so dumb. If you don't give up on your own, we will do it the hard way", Chip said, leaning forward, "And I don't want to hurt a pretty man like you, sweetheart and I don't think you want your little friend getting hurt either"
Gill tried to bite him, but in a swift motion Chip pulled away and smirked. "A bit kinky for the first time meeting, don't you think?"
"You're disgusting", Gill said and looked away as he held him his wrists.

He felt embarrassed and ashamed, as Chip tied his hands together.
A future king, bested by a pirate.
Pathetic.