chapter five - weirdly romantic

Weeks passed and no one heard from the royal families.
The royal kids adapted to life on sea and today they arrived in Allport for the first time.
They got decked out with new outfits and weapons and very officially declared themselves black rose pirates, when they clinked glasses with the whole crew in the Port Hole.

They spread out in the tavern, the captain sat on the bar with Drey, Arlin and Finn, Jug the Tortle had an arm wrestling match with the bouncer and Rufus sat on a table with a beautiful lady that he had met a long time ago and whom he was clearly in love with.

"Her name is Amber and Rufus writes her letters every day", Chip said after Jay had asked who she was. "That's adorable", Caspian commented. "Why is he still sailing if he has a woman on land?", Jay asked and Lizzie replied: "Because he loves the sea and sailing and us. We're his family. Besides they just know each other for a year, who knows if it lasts?"

The night progressed and eventually Chip shyly nudged Gills shoulder and leaned in closer. "You wanna go outside for a bit?", he asked quietly, "It's so loud in here"
"Yeah, sure", Gillion replied and followed him out of the tavern.

Cold air hit them as they stepped out and Chip shivered slightly, before they walked around the market place.
The stars were shining brightly on the night sky, ready for them to watch them as they got up onto a roof.
And as they were laying there Gillion reached for Chips hand. Chip blushed as he gently squeezed Gills hand with his.
It was weirdly romantic. So untypically calm, but exciting at the same time.

"I'm gonna stay", Gill then whispered and Chip turned to his side looking at him with blush on his cheeks as he smiled. "Really?", he asked and Gill felt his heart jump at the joyful glint in Chips eye.
He smiled back at him. "Yes", he replied softly, "Not just because I feel so welcome, but because of you"

Chips eyes widened and his blush spread over to the tips of his ears. "Me?", he asked as if he was afraid he misunderstood him.
"Yeah, because of you", Gill mumbled, now fully turning turning to him as well, "You know since I was a kid the council told me I should always fight the feeling of love and do everything to run away from it. But now that I met you, it doesn't feel like something I wanna fight or run from."

Chip felt his heart almost jumping out of his chest, beating so fast he felt dizzy.
Gill carefully reached for his cheek and caressed it with his thumb.
"I don't wanna run from something that makes me feel so good", he added, "I just wanna stay forever"
Chip teared up a little as he smiled and reached for Gillions hand on his cheek.
He turned his head and kissed his palm.
"Good, cause I don't want you to leave", he whispered back, "I fell in love with you too"

Gillion slowly leaned in and eagerly Chip met him midway for a kiss.
Just one short and soft kiss, but it was enough to make Chip giggle.
Gillions gaze grew fond and he pulled him closer against his chest.
Chip held onto him tightly, hiding his face in his shirt. He took a deep breath, catching the scent of adventure, of the open seas, the harbours and shores of the world.

"Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?", he asked quietly, not seeing Gillion blush. "No, you haven't" "I knew I was a pirate, but I didn't know I was this criminal. It should be illegal not to tell you that you're absolutely perfect", Chip replied and smiled when he caught a glimpse of Gill's face.
It had been his worst pick up line and seeing it work on Gill made him so indescribably happy.

"Well, you're even more perfect", Gillion quickly said and pushed a strand of hair behind Chips ear. "You don't have to say it back, just take the compliment", Chip replied, flustered as he looked away.
"But I wanted to say it and I'd say it again and again to make you smile like that", he whispered softly.

Chip looked at him and then he took his hand. "I think I'll do a whole lot of smiling now that I know you won't leave"