chapter seven - poets barrel corner

"Rudith!", Elizabeth shouted after him, as she ran up, "Cas and I will be in the corner tonight, you wanna join us?" "Absolutely, I wrote something new for you to read, it turned out quite nicely if I say so myself"
"Can't wait to read it, we'll meet at sunset", she said and patted his shoulder, before running off.

Rudith smiled to himself. He might not be a sailor, but the people here were certainly much kinder the ones before in the undersea palace. Prince Caspian also seemed mich happier since he arrived on the open seas and as his advisor it was his duty to make sure the prince was happy, so he reckoned he did a good job.

The day passed by quite quickly and at sunset they all sat down together in their corner, while the rest of the crew was on the main deck, playing music and dancing.
Lizzie spotted Chip and Gillion slowdancing together and chuckled. "Knew it" "Knew what?", Caspian asked, sitting down next to her looking into the same direction. "Chip and Gillion are a thing" "I'm glad Gill can be himself here, I know how worried he always was about people finding out about his preference in men and how guilty he used to feel for feeling attraction" "The undersea seems like absolute bullshit"
"Oh it is. It really is. We have nice architecture and smart people, but traditional views are as dumb as they are old", Caspian replied and then he leaned against the barrels, as Rudi sat on one of them.

"Am I too late?" "You're right on time", Liz replied and opened her notebook.
They talked for hours, especially praising Rudiths new poem the one I loved which they discussed the finesse of and despite him being reluctant to give them the whole story, they analysed it with a passion that Rudith hadn't expected.

Eventually they got an Ale together, before heading off to bed. The poems and conversations still lingering with a sort of comfort as they fell asleep.

At the same time Gill and Chip sat in the crows nest, holding hands and cuddling.
The sky was filled with stars and every once in a while Chip would point out a star constellation. "That's the hunter of Mana", he said, "The three across and then you have that like triangle thing on top, that's the hat"
"You humans see weird things in the stars", Gillion said, squinting at the constellation in confusion. Chip chuckled and pressed a kiss to Gill's cheek. "Don't worry it's weird, but I like looking at the stars", he replied and as he looked up again Gill looked at him.
"You're beautiful", he then said softly after a moment of silence.

Chips lips parted in surprise before he smiled shyly as he turned to look at Gill.
"You never fail to make me blush" "You never fail to make my heart race", Gill replied and pulled him closer, kissing his head, "I'm the happiest I've ever been when I'm with you"
"Even when I was an obnoxious fuck when we met?" "Yes", he chuckled, "Because you turned out to be everything I ever wanted emotionally" "Gill", Chip said in a mix of being overwhelmed and in disbelief as he sat on Gill's lap, holding his cheeks with his hands to look at him, "Did you mean that?"
"Of course, my precious kelp leaf", he replied, "How couldn't I?"

"You'll make me cry", Chip laughed and wiped away a tear, "I love you so much"
Gill smiled and gently pulled Chip into a kiss by the back of his neck.
It was slow and tender, as they enjoyed each other's presence and gentleness.
Chip had always thought a real prince would never come close to the ones from old stories, but now with Gill he had found his very own fairytale prince. A prince full of kindness and love, ready to tell their story.