Determination

~~**~~

That night, I came to the train station before going back home again. I looked around and saw a woman standing just near the yellow line.

I decided to approach her. It may seem dangerous but there's no other way than to ask people, right?

"Uhm, hello. I just wanted to ask, do you know anything about the incident here a few weeks ago?" I asked.

The woman looked at me with a certain look and nodded.

"Yes, I was there. A woman fell on the tracks of the train as the train arrived, but a boy suddenly jumped down and saved her. But, as he pulled her away, the train caught up to them and hit his back. Thank god for him, though they both suffered injuries." The woman explained.

Woah, so all this time, I've been reading to the joy who has save dmy sister's life?

And then suddenly, she pointed to an elderly woman.

"Her, I think that's the grandmother of the man who saved the woman's life. She's been sitting there everyday, waiting for her grandson. We tell her that he's in the hospital, but she keeps on forgetting. I feel sad seeing her wait for his grandson who'll never come." The woman sighed and pitied the old woman.

Hearing that, I went and approached the grandmother.

"Excuse me, Ma'am? Are you waiting for your grandson?" I asked. The woman looked up at me with a smile.

"Yes, he always comes back at this hour, and he's never late. I'm so worried for him and I don't know what happened." The grandmother replied as she sighed.

When I heard that, I decided to not tell her anything. It wouldn't be too appropriate to tell her that he's in a coma and might never wake up.

She looked very weak and had a cane, so I wanted to help her.

"Is that so... I know he'll come back soon. Let me help you back home."

The grandma came with me and lead us to their home. On the way there, she started telling me stories about her grandson.

"His name is Akio. He's always drawing whenever he got the chance to do so. That little boy is very caring. Akio is a kind-hearted man and he's very gentle. He has never once made me mad and is always taking care of me. I always tell him to take care of his beautiful black hair, and oh, his eyes are one of the most gorgeous eyes I've seen too."

So he is her grandson.

Grandma sounded so proud of telling me about him, and it made me feel attracted to him more.

But then I realized, without him, grandma wouldn't have anyone to take care of her.

"What's the color of his eyes?" I asked.

"Oh, I don't quite remember. He hasn't come home for days, and I'm getting worried." The grandma replied.

"Is that so..."

I sighed in disappointment and continued to lead her back home safely.

After a while of walking, we finally arrived at their house. It's a Japan home, the architecture based on the culture of Japan.

I felt so calm and relaxed at the place, it's so quiet at night.

After stepping inside with my socks only, which was the instruction of grandma.

Soon, I started helping grandma in the kitchen to cook dinner after coming from the market. Inside a few days, I started to come home with her more often after coming from the hospital.