10:36 pm

"it was 10:36 pm.."

chapter ten, act two.

–– 𝚻𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝚴 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"shit ethan where have you been?" chad shouted as ethan ran into the hospital causing tara, sam and mindy to turn their heads.

"it was 10:36 pm when you called me dude i was alseep.." ethan sat down sheepishly but also very on edge.

why was everyone at the hospital? blairs health had only been declining, she was put on life support two days ago.

"chad meeks?" the nurse called causing everyone to look up, "thats me." chad said standing up as the nurse whispered something into his ear.

"what is this middle school? if you can tell him you can tell us." tara huffed at the childish acts.

"yeah." mindy rolled her eyes agreeing with tara, "you friend blair?" the nurse looked down at her clipboard "she has only been getting worse and the treatment isnt working as well as we hoped it would, she doesnt have the best survival chance." the nurse continued.

everyone gulped as sam sat up in her seat, "can we see her?" sam narrowed her eyes at the nurse.

"no not right now-"

"so you tell us our friend is dying but we cant see her." ethan finally spoke up causing tara to roll her eyes, "look who finally has a voice" she hissed at ethan making him furrow his eyebrows.

"okay enough guys, i dont like ethan either but blair is literally on her deathbed. cut him some slack." mindy nudged tara as chad nodded in agreement.

"so are we-" chad was cut of by the sound of loud alarms making everyone in the waiting room cover theyre ears.

"whats going on!" tara screamed as they watched the nurses rush to blairs hospital room.

"jesus.." ethan scoffed rubbing his ears as the alarms finally went off, "what was that!" sam shouted at the lady who was typing on her computer.

"sometims when a patient is down, hospitals will sound alarms to alert staff.." tara read at the article on her phone.

"so why did they all run into the blairs room, what happened to her!" sam slammed her hand down on the desk finally getting the ladies attention.

"im checking the file." the lady snapped at sam making her roll her eyes.

the lady gulped as she stopped typing causing sam to snap again.

"whats wrong!"

"i suggest you sit down." the nurse snapped as the 5 doctors began to run out of the room.

"your friend blair.. we did our best." the nurse turned the clipboard around as she spoke.

"you did your best? if you did your best she would be alive right now!" chad shouted as tears filled his eyes.

"chad-"

"no ethan! im surprised you dont have more of a reaction she was your girlfriend."

"chad just calm down." mindy wiped her brothers tears as sam and tara hugged eachother.

ethan sat back in his chair knowing that the only person that would hug him or wipe his tears in this situation was gone, blair was gone.

"im really sorry." the nurse walked away as chad looked up at ethan who was walking out.

"ethan where are you going." chad ran after him.

"no chad get away from me! you have mindy, tara, sam i have no one. the only person i had is dead!" ethan snapped as chad pulled him into a hug.

"get off of me." ethan cried trying to resist chads hug.

"ethan, i know blair was the only person you had."

"i was alone for months!" ethan cried as the pair stood outside of the hospital.

"i know ethan.. i know." chad rubbed ethans back.

started - 3/18/23

ended - 4/12/23

-- @graciesribbcn

the end!! i hope you guys enjoyed this, super sad blair didnt get her happy ending but it is what it is ig.. epilogue will be out soon!!