-Elise-

Watching Dazai walk away gave me perspective on life, yet so many more questions.

Why does he wish to die so badly?
What is the purpose of trying to catch up to death when you could be outrunning it? What caused him to think with such a pessimistic outlook?

"Dammit," I say and sigh.

I grab my phone and black trench coat off of the ground. Then, I open the door and walk down the stairs.

A couple of minutes later, I reach the bottom of the stairs. I open the door that leads to the main hallway of the Port Mafia's base. I walk through the halls until I reach Mori's office. I open the doors and see Elise eating cake.

"Hi Elise," I say in a happy tone and kneel down. I open my arms for a hug and she runs up to me.

"Y/n," she exclaims and hugs me tightly.

I ruffle her hair as I let go.

"I messed up your hair Elise," I say and giggle.

"Y/N! Why would you do that," she says in a playfully sad tone and pouts.

"Oh, I'm sooooo sorry! Let me fix it," I respond as I ruffle her hair more.

She squeals and I begin to tickle Elise.

Elise laughs uncontrollably until the door clicks. Everything suddenly stops as Mori walks in the office with so many bags that they go over his face.

"Elise dear~! I have more clothes for you," Mori exclaims.

Elise stands up and puts her hands on her hips. "Rintarō, I'm playing with Y/N right now. I don't want to try on clothes."

"Oh, Y/N is here?"

I sigh and respond to Mori, "I am but now I'm going to leave because you're here. Bye Elise!"

I begin to walk to the door and I hear the bags drop to the ground. Mori then puts his hand on my shoulder.

"In fact, I have some business to take care of and I will be out overnight. Can you please take care of Elise," he says.

I look at him and push his hand off of me. I begin to speak, "I don't mind. Is that okay with you Elise?"

"Mhm! I get to have a sleepover with you," Elise says.

"Thank you Y/N," Mori says.

"You're welcome... I guess," I say.

Mori grabs his coat and says his goodbyes as he walks out of the room.

"Thank god Rintarō is gone," Elise says under her breath.

"Agreed. So, Do you want to make a list of stuff we need to do during the best sleepover ever,"
I question.

"Yeah! Let me get paper and markers," She says as she skips away to another room.

A couple minutes pass and Elise comes back. She puts a white sheet of paper in front of me. As well as pink, blue, and purple markers.

"Okay so... What's the first goal," I ask her.

She moves the blonde hair out of her face and speaks, "Probably to paint each other's nails."

"That's smart!"

"We could dye my hair!"

"Hell no! Mori will kill me. If I could, I promise I would."

"Aww! Fine... We could just style hair then?"

"Of course."

"Oh! Matching pajamas and we could watch scary movies!"

"We can watch horror movies as long as you don't say a word to Mori."

"Yay," Elise exclaims joyfully.

"Okay, So now that we have our list we can order food! What are you feeling Elise? I have Mori's credit card so we're able to get whatever we want," I tell her.

Elise plasters an evil grin on her face. "I want to get sushi. Specifically a three-roll special. The rolls I want are a crab roll, a tuna roll, and a California roll. I want a ramune with that too, please."

"I like the way you think... Plus, We'll spend a lot of money that way. That'll piss him off a bit," I say as I grab my phone to send the food order to Odasaku.

~Half an hour later~

I watch Elise draw a beautiful picture... It's of us as royalty. She made me a knight and herself a princess.

I ask, "Do you think I could be a knight?

She looks up at me confused. She then starts explaining her thought process. 

"Well yeah! Anyone can be a knight. No matter what! Unless you're Rintarō in that case... You're banned."

I laugh a bit at her and then I receive a notification from Odasaku. "Hey Elise, Our food is here. We should probably go get it now," I say.

"Alrighty!"

I open the door and we begin walking down the hallway. Well, I was walking... Elise was skipping around while singing loudly. Then we reach the main area where Odasaku is.

"Hello Y/N and Elise. Here's all of yall's food. Sorry, it took so long. The chef had to go to the hospital and yada yada yada. I'm rambling. I hope you guys enjoy it," he says.

"Thanks, Oda... I really appreciate it." I grab the bag from his open hand.

"Of course. Have a great evening! Text me if you need anything." Then he shoots me a soft smile as he walks away.

He'd be an amazing Dad one day. I can't wait to see him in his 30s with a wonderful partner and a kid. He's so sweet to everyone even when it's not deserved. To be honest, I admire him.

Suddenly, Elise grabs my empty hand and drags me toward the break room. The break room includes a small kitchen, a grey couch, a deep brown coffee table, and a tv. It's for the Port Mafia employees and they can come in at any time.

"Stay right here," Elise exclaims with a devilish smile plastered onto her face.

What the actual hell is she up to?