~𝓣𝓮𝓷: 𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓪 𝓫𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼~

"Y/N!"

Nancy yelled, running up to me, before pulling me into a tight hug. I returned the embrace, before remembering about Billy's condition. His blood was leaving him, without looking back to say goodbye. Blood dripping from his mouth, he looked up at his sister, that was now hovering over him.

"Billy! Billy talk to me, please. Everything is going to be okay just- just stay strong!" - she said, panicking, tears running down her cheeks.

"Max, I'll be okay, don't cry.." - he now, started crying too, giving Max a little smile, showing blood on his teeth - "I.. am sorry for being such a bad brother. I regret not being able to spend time with you, and to help you grow. To be there for you when you were sad, to be there when you just needed attention. I love you." - he said, his eyes closing. Max's eyes widened in fear, shaking his unconscious body. 

I quickly ran up to them and checked Billy's heart beat - which was still stable - though his breathing was a bit shaky. I looked at his parted lips, that were slowly breathing in and out. I then told Steve to take off his shirt.

"Wha- If you wanna look say it in private-" - he started, but I cut him off.

"Steve, take it off!" - I yelled at him, which made him instantly pull it over his head. I snatched the shirt out of his hands, gaining a 'HEY!' from him.

I ripped it in two halfs, tightly tying the first one on Billy's wound. I threw the other halfs at Steve's face, glaring at him.

"Maybe you'll get one next time, bro." - I say, snickering at him. He rolls his eyes playfully and punches me softly in my arm. 

I looked down to see Eleven and Max hugging, Max crying loudly in El's neck. My smile fades, as I crouch next to the girl.

"Hey, it's going to be okay. His condition is not bad, he'll make it" - I say, smiling a little to comfort her. She looks at me, smiling back, tears still running down her face.

"Thank you.. for everything-" - she got interrupted by sirens closing in, everyones eyes wandering in the direction of the entry, a second after starting to run there

The doctors quickly made their way to Billy, placing him on the stretcher, then leaving in a hurry. I left the mall, searching for Jane. I checked every corner, and found her with the others, sitting with a blanket over her. 

I ran over to the others, waving shyly.

"Why didn't you tell us the truth, Y/N?" - asks Dustin, his arms crossed.

"I- don't really know?" - I started, smiling awkwardly and looking away - "I guess I just didn't.. want to remember my life at the lab?" - I responsed, sounding like it was more of a question than a statement - "It was hard to unlock my power, and then unleashing its more powerful side was.. painful. Guess I just didn't want to let the scientists that tortured me to be satisfied that 'their work' suceeded"

Everyone went quiet, some of them looking at the ground, the others looking worried.

"BUT- Of course, I now know that my powers are MY life, I no longer fear my gift." - I said, giving everyone little thumbs up to not worry them, which seemed to work since they all smiled.

"Welp- not that I'm complaining or sum... but the atmosphere is so awkward right now-" - I think.

I look into the distance, sitting next to El, noticing Joyce looking for us. Eleven also noticed her, grabbing my arm and pulling me with her, running to Byers.