Chapter 15: Sneak In? Jianhao?

Recap
Kevin, Chloe, Hakim, Jas, Hao, Maddy are in this heist

Tasha, Cheryl and cleverly are in the van keeping an eye out.

"Hurry get in!"

And just like that, the atmosphere had cracked and panic rose once again.
As the others rushed through the door, jianhao glanced over before the forces could seize them and slammed the door.
The others were out of breath and looked exhausted.
"I am never running like that again," Kevin was already on the floor.
"What running? It's not like you could anyway." Jas belittled him as usual.
"Right, no distractions. We need to open the safe and find the clues to what is making our class weird. Hakim, Kev, you keep guard. Your stronger, so you can take down any authority."
"Real." Hakim said."
"Do I get the worst jobs?" Kevin complained.
"It's either that or you can go back. And trust me it's a long way." Hao threatened Kevin.
He had to reluctantly agree; as they kept guard, Hao and the rest were looking about the room for any clues. DNA, strage objects, the like.
"I found a safe!" Jas said."
"Yes." Hao got out a toothpick. "This will be vital to help crack open the safe."
"Really? A toothpick?" Chloe said with confusion."
"Yes Chloe, this is a very useful object. In fact, I will show you why it is." Hao used the pick to open the safe but with no success.
"Wow. You really are a mastermind." Jas said coldly.
"Shut up jas, what would you even do?" Hao said back.
"Yeah, he's just helping." Maddy defended Hao.
"Alright, you lovebirds need to chill." Jas raised her hands in defeat. "And also, I have skills. I'm the reason were even in here to be fair. So let's just think up a code."
"Yeah, but there's too many codes to choose." Kevin said. "Like it could be Mr Alan's birthday, Ms Sitis..."
"How about... 0 0 0 0?" Diana suggested.
Vincent was confused. "No way you just said "0000."
Hao was laughing to himself. "Seriously Diana? Out of all the possible codes you choose that? You know what? You do you, but it won't work. Trust me."
Diana shrugged, but had a smug look on her face.
Hao was already punching in the numbers. "See? It won't wor-"
The safe door automatically opened, and everyone was in shock.
"See? I told you." Diana was smiling with glee, high giving Jas, Nic, Chloe and Maddy.
"Well good for you, you lucky sod." Hao inspected the safe, got the folder and a medium sized serum.
"That's it?" Seriously?" Vincent was in awe but was confused.
"Well, the organization might have more of the serum, this may be a final backup. Just keep it." Chloe said.
Hao put it in his bag, secured it and then got up. "Right, let's go to the science rooms then!"
"Wait!" Jasmine had a look of realization. "The tour, what about it? They might see us. And the only students allowed are the ones showing the parents around."
Hao pondered this for a second, then said: "well... We'll have to be careful. Should we swap someone here with Tasha? She knows the school."
"Nah." Vincent was cocky about it. "She was so stubborn about wanting to join us. Imagine her being more stubborn now."
"Well.." Hao faltered.
The group was startled by Hakim: "Guys Mr salim is coming!"
"STUDENTS!"
Sometimes I forget that the teachers get brainwashed too. It's been Mr Salim so far and Ms Siti. Ms Sherly, Soot Beng, Mabuhay, Sofia and Nancy are ok for now .
"RIGHT THIS IS THE TIME TO RUN!" The group got their stuff and ran.
Mr Salim was behind them, saying: "COMR BACK HERE!"
Vincent was shouting to Kevin "KEV RUN LIKE YOU NEVER HAVE BEFORE!" He was like one of those flopping jellyfish that were about to pass out any second.
The rest took the stairs, then slammed the door leading them to the science room.
Luckily it was a backdoor.
Salim was pounding on the door: "NOT AGAIN! I HATE DOORS!!! AND MY JOB!"
"Wow he needs a chill pill." Kevin was out of breath and on the floor.
"Right, we need to get it straight. Look everywhere for the serums." Hao said.
Maddy went up to him, her breathing seemed to catch Haos attention. "Erm, Maddy, are you ok,?"
"Yes I'm fine. Just want to help. You."
"Ok then, you can help by looking under here." Hao pointed to the cupboards.
"Fine." She looked angry.
Tasha could be heard from the headset Hao was wearing.
"Guys, you ok,? I heard screaming and shouting and all that."
"Yeah we're fine, Salim chased us and then he got slammed by a door."
"Well I told you I should have gone with you." Tasha was defiant in her tone. "I mean we nearly got caught!"
In the call Cheryl could be heard: "Jeez Tasha chill."
"Ok ok chill, were finding the serum then we're gonna come back." Hao ended the call then looked around.
Jas, Kev, Vince, Maddy and Chloe couldn't find anything, but Nicole found a cupboard leading to multiple vials that said

KEEP OUT. FOR USE OF MR ALAN AND MS REGNA ONLY.

"Yes! I found them but they look unnerving." Hakin carefully brought them out.
"Well it counts." Hao said. "Now let's just-"
Sounds of footsteps could be heard from the door.
It was Denise and Teverly touring the school for the parents. Great.
"Guys! You know the drill, hide somewhere." Hao said.
"WHERE?" Vincent was already stressed
"Idk, somewhere they can't see us!"
Hao and Maddy went into the printing room and hid near the printer, aka the drawer.
"Stay real quiet maddy." Hao whispered and put a finger to her lips.
Maddy didn't know how to react.
Meanwhile Chloe and Jas hid in the cupboards, and the rest hid under the tables. The tables luckily had covers that extended to the floor.
As the door opened, they all held their breath, with the alumni coming in.
"So, this is one of our state of the art science classrooms." It was Denise, and if they could see clearly, her hair was in a bun for once and not in her usual side pony everyone knew of.
"Wow- what are these?" The parent saw it and picked up what looked like a vial.
"Kevin!" Vincent whispered- yelled. "Tell me you did not just forget to hide the vial."
"Uh... No?" Kevin grinnned sheepishly.
"Jeez Kevin you get on my nerves sometimes."
Denise saw the parent pick the vial up and rushed to stop her subtly. "Erm, thats actually for future use, not to touch now, but good question. It's used for our experiments, especially chemistry."
The adults considered this for a moment then moved on.
"I'll show you the other rooms. This is the main chemistry room, there are others obviously but this is the main one. Want to see physics next?"
"I want to!" One of the children was that eager to.
As they all left along with Pei Shi, one of the guides, Denise and Teverly were left alone in the room (the others didn't notice.)
"Denise," Teverly's eyes glanced from Denise to the vial. "Drink it."
"No teverly." Denise rubbed her temples, as if the effects of her brainwashing was rubbing off. "You know I can't do this anymore. All of the perfection, the lies... I can't do it. Even to my friends."
"Are they seriously your friends?" Teverly said slowly. "I mean, all they're doing is bringing you down. Yes, you've known them, but should the top student be hanging out with a bunch of lowlifes?"
The gang could hear this - Vincent was fuming inside, Jas rolled her eyes, Hai could hear it from the cupboard in disgust.
Teverly grabbed his pendant, the vial and turned Denise's head to look at him. "Look at me Denise." She then looked down, and it must have worked because she said instantly: "I shouldn't even think of them. They're just going to bring me down like their future."
And boy, the gang was ANGRY.
As they left, the gang came out finally.
"Phew that was close." Kevin said. He was already sweating.
"Kevin you haven't even ran and your sweting like a water pump." Jas remarked.
"What teverly said though... Honestly. Hes such a rat. And what he did to Denise.." Hakim trailed off.
"Well, we have the bottles with us, so let's fake it to the van now and test it. If we leg it, we'll be ok." Hao said.
They had to be sneaky: Denise and Teverly could be anywhere but they weren't so far. The van was in sight and they all got in.
"Heists are so stressful, clearly I didn't learn from the last time we did one." Chloe said.
"Tell me about it." Kevin agreed.
"Just so you know, we're late. If I was with you-"
"Well yes, but we have the vials. Isn't that the main bit?" Hao looked annoyed.
"Ok, let's go, stop arguing." Cheryl started driving already but the tension was already thick in the air like morning fog. "Who wants Taylor Swift on?" She asked.
"Nah she's overrated..."
"What are you on? She's an icon..."
"Just put on black pink and call it a day."
"OMG put something on... I don't care if it's kpop or Western pop."

--------
1573 words
Will hao and Maddy talk over their relationship
Will Cheryl take control of the aux cord
Will they infiltrate the organization
And will my shatty schedule make up for the plot?