𝟎𝟑

what happened to your lip?

┊┊┊✧  °

The next morning, Sydney woke up completely bummed out. She did not want to get up and go to school. She was so tired.

She turned her head to look at the clock on her bedside table, and when her brain registered what time it was, she shot up out of her bed.

"Shit," she cursed and threw on whatever she found thrown across her bedroom floor. It was 8:07 which meant the first period has already started and she was late.

"Dammit. Stupid, stupid, stupid," she continued to curse as she ran into the bathroom and as quickly as she could brushed her teeth, then her hair.

By the time she was running out of her house, it was 8:30 and she was annoyed.

𓆩𓆪

"Did you see the way he was looking at you, Syd? It was like he wanted to eat you, right there and then," Izzy pretended to fan herself.

"He's so fucking hot, I'm so jealous of you. Why isn't he looking at me like that?" Brianna whined.

The girls kept talking to her, at her would be better saying for it.

They didn't notice, how the brunette didn't listen. She sat there with them, visibly she was present. Mentally, not at all.

"Hey, what happened to your lip," Mason next to her asked, his hand raising up to her cheek to caress her as always, but Sydney flinched away, causing Mason to furrow his eyebrows in confusion.

"Uh, nothing. I just tripped over and hit myself on the corner of my bed," she didn't lie. It was the truth, she just forgot to mention about how she got way too high to control her movements and tripped.

"Evie Zamora. Hey girl!" One of the girls sitting with them at the table called out, causing Sydney's head to turn to where Evie was coming from.

Sydney rolled her eyes.

Mason nudged her shoulder with his, giving her look that said to play nice. Because he knew her, and he knew every time these two met it was followed by snarky remarks and comments about each other.

Evie went to stand closer to where Sydney was standing, leaning over to kiss Medina's and Astrid's cheeks.

Their gazes locked and Evie smirked, "hey Sylvia," she said, purposefully calling her the wrong name.

Sydney rolled her eyes, the name Sylvia wasn't even bit close to Sydney.

"How's life?" Evie asked.

Sydney sarcastically smiled at her, "hello, Eva," also purposefully calling her the wrong name. "Life's good, you should think about getting one."

"Syd," Mason hissed, narrowing his eyes at her.

Evie took no offense to her and gestured the girl to follow her as always.

"Bitch," Izzy whispered to her best friends, her eyes trained on the brunette.

┊┊┊✧  °

author speaking!
shorter chapter but
the next chapter will
be probably around
1k words so:)

ty for reading<3
vote and comment!