𝟎𝟐

that's evie zamora

that's evie zamora

┊┊┊✧  °

Sydney stood with her back against the wall outside of her school. Watching her friends talking and messing around with each other.

She wanted to join in to the conversation that Izzy, Brianna and Astrid were having, but she couldn't focus. She always had a big problem with zoning out.

"Sydney!" Astrid's fingers appeared in front of her. "Are you listening?" The blonde asked, glaring at her.

"Yeah, of course," Sydney lied.

"Mason, guess what just happened," Tracy, her best friend's Mason's younger sister said, stopping Astrid from saying anything else.

Tracy's gaze switched from Mason to Sydney, who gave the blonde girl small smile and Tracy returned one.

"Mason," Tracy tried again, her eyes going back to her brother. Mason stopped joking with his friends and looked at his sister.

"Hey, guys this is my little sister," he said to his friends.

"Hi," Tracy smiled, her brother's friends ignored her, instead looking at the incoming girl.

"Hey, Tracy. How are you?" Sydney asked with a smile on her face.

She knew Tracy for as long as she knew Mason. They weren't really close, but they were friendly.

Tracy's eyes flicked to her brother's best friend again and she smiled. "Fine, thanks."

Mason and Sydney met in the first grade and became friends right away. They just got along really easily.

Tracy liked the girl. Sydney was always nice to her when she came over to their house, when Tracy needed help with something, let it be school work or something else, Sydney was there to help or offer advice.

She was like her older sister she never really knew she wanted or needed.

"Look over there man," one of Mason's and kind of Sydney's friends, (but not really, they only hung out together when Mason was with them) said, nodding his head towards the group of girls that was making their way over to them.

Mason looked at them, before glancing at Sydney, who was still talking quietly with his sister. He looked back at the girl that kept coming closer and closer to them. "That's Evie Zamora," he said and didn't take his eyes off of her.

Tracy turned her head, looking at Evie at the same time as Sydney.

"Looks like she grew up this summer."

"No shit."

Evie came to stop in front of them, her friends next to her. She beckoned to Astrid with her finger to follow her at the same time the school bell rang.

"Astrid," Sydney called out to her, causing both Astrid and Evie to look at her.

Sydney gave her a look, one that Astrid didn't get, shrugging she took Evie's hand and walked away with her. Not before Evie shot her a look with raised eyebrows and smirk on her face.

Sydney couldn't help but roll her eyes at her. She wasn't very fond of the Zamora girl and hated that one of her best friends spent her days hanging out with her.

Sydney doesn't even know why they dislike each other. She honestly didn't even take a notice of Evie, until Mason started mentioning her with his friends.

And then suddenly she noticed how the girl would shoot her looks for no reason, making snarky comments about her to her friends.

"Well time to go, girls," Izzy stood up from where she was sitting until now and turned to her best friends.

The guys slowly also parting, doing their bro hugs and stuff.

"Syd, I'll see you after school," Mason stepped in front of her.

"I don't know, I should head home straight from school," she said. There wasn't really a reason for her to hurry home after school. She just didn't feel like hanging out with bunch of guys at Mason's house. She'd rather be alone.

"Come on, the guys are busy and I don't feel like being bored home alone," he pleaded.

"Alright," she playfully sighed, pretending to be annoyed, when in reality she was actually excited.

She always had fun hanging out with Mason.

"Great," he said, his hand going to her cheek just a for second to caress her, something he always did ever since the third grade, when he comforted after she spilled a drink on her new expensive skirt.

His hand fell from her cheek and he started going backwards, "bye!" He called out to her, turning around he accidentally bumped into a guy, "my bad, bro," he raised his hands above his head in surrender, noticing the guy's murderous look.

Sydney snorted, shaking her head, "bye," she said and gave him a short wave. Mason grinned and waved back and then he turned around and ran to catch up with his friends who were on their way to class.

"Well let's go!" Izzy groaned and rolled her eyes, grabbing both Brianna's and Sydney's sleeves, dragging them behind her for their math class that they were already late for anyway.

┊┊┊✧  °

author speaking!
hi. i am having a pretty
rough day haha, so i hope
you guys are doing better:)

anyway, here's chapter two
hope you guys enjoy!

vote and comment if you did,
thank you<3