chapter ten

chapter ten - "when you know who's callin' even though the number is blocked"
---

she was finally going to do it. she was so excited. she got a court date to adopt her little sister and her lawyer said the odds are on her side. mike was supposed to come over in an hour to pick her up, they both had big news to share with each other.

he had told her to wear something nice, which made her excited. also nervous considering the only thing she owns that's nice is her freshman year homecoming dress. 

she looked through all of her clothes, pulling out everything and discarding it all into a pile. finally, she settled for one of mike's button ups and a black skirt. she got into the shower and took her time under the hot water, she applied make up and did her hair once she was out.

she heard a knock on the door once she applied her lipstick and walked into the living room to answer it.

"hi", she smiled from ear to ear.

to her, he was the most beautiful person in the world, "hey", he reached to grab her hand, "are you ready?"

"yeah, let me get my bag", she left him standing in the door and returned with her small purse a minute later.

they walked down the three flights of stairs and el lit a cigarette once they were outside. he opened the car door for her to get in.

"why thank you, kind sir", she rolled her window down the second he turned the car on.

he reached over to kiss her head and started driving.

"so where are we going?", she put her feet on the dash, he black shoes were shining in the sunlight.

"a place with food", he grinned at her and she rolled her eyes.

"so a restaurant?"

"maybe", he plucked the cigarette from her fingers and put it out in the ash tray, "stop smoking"

"make me", she stared up at him sweetly before he looked away and shook his head.

they arrived at the restaurant and the waiter led them to a table in the back. he took their order and left the two of them sitting next to eachother.

"did you want to say the news before or after dinner?", el spoke, trying to catch his eyes.

"after, definitely", he looked nervous.

she nodded and sipped on her water, "i missed you"

"i missed you too", he leaned over and placed a kiss to her lips.

she blushed and played with her straw. they were sitting thigh to thigh at a booth and she felt everyplace they touched. her nerves were far too strong to initiate anything.

he grabbed a breadstick, spilt it, and gave her the bigger half. she stared at him while eating and rested her head on his shoulder.

"how's the new song?", she wiped her hands and placed one on his thigh.

"it's good, we just finished recording it. malcolm's gonna work on the edits this week", he looked down at the hand that was stroking his leg.

"when do i get to hear it? what's it about?", she perked her head up, waiting excitedly for his answers.

"you can hear it once it's done and it may or may not be about you", he hid his smile but there was an emotion in his eye that she couldn't place.

"really? good things i hope", she was smiling from ear to ear and looped her hand into his.