Chapter 6

You thought of wearing something that would impress Muichiro but just ignored that thought a few minutes later because you thought you were crazy.

Eventually, you just chose a white dress with some ruffles to make it seem like you were a perfectly normal human being.

You did your hair in a low ponytail fastened with a white ribbon with a few pieces of loose hair resting on your face.

You slipped on a pair of white Mary Janes to go along with it and wore a pair of ruffled ankle socks.

I hope Muichiro will like— why in the world am I thinking like that?! you thought, flustered.

You slowly walked towards the Ubuyashiki mansion where the dinner session was being held.

All of the Hashira had attended and were communicating with each other.

You looked around for Muichiro but saw that he wasn't there.

Where is he? you thought.

"Oh, hello Y/N~!" the pink haired girl from earlier squealed.

You just replied with, "Hey! Wait, I've never gotten your name, what is it?"

Her face turned red and she screamed, "I'm so sorry! It's Mitsuri Kanroji!"

You instantly forgave her and was quite envious of her name and personality, but not in a rivaling way.

You both started a conversation and talked about becoming stronger. She gave you some tips that she learned from training with the yellow hair to red tips man who was named Kyojuro Rengoku.

You learned that she possessed exceptional physical strength and wondered how you could accomplish this strength as well.

"Mitsuri, why are my legs so strong?" you asked while she was talking about breathing styles.

"Hm. I think it's just how you were born, like how I was born with really high physical strength!" she replied happily.

You nodded and then asked, "Oh, wow! And by any chance, do you know where the Mist Hashira is? I thought he was coming."

She looked confused. "Well, he's probably just late or forgot. That young boy always forgets things, but he's so cool! Why do you want to know?"

You forgot that he forgot things easily and responded nervously, "Well, uh..."

"You can tell me anything, Y/N!" she added.

You whispered in her ear, "I think I might um... like him y'know..?"

Her face lit up.

"Really?!" she squealed.

"Don't be too loud!" you said back.

She apologized and told you, "I won't tell anyone, I promise!" with a flustered face.

A minute later, someone tapped your shoulder.

You turned around nervously and it was Muichiro.

"I- hey, Muichiro! How are you?" you said, sweating and unstably.

"I'm good." was the only thing he replied with in a dead serious tone.

"I think I heard what you said to Kanroji." he added still without any expression.

Your face turned into a perfectly ripe tomato.

Mitsuri tried to cover up for you with, "Oh! She was talking about your swordsmanship! Right, Y/N?"

"Yeah, uh huh!" you replied while panicking.

Mitsuri then whispered to you, "I'm so sorry, I didn't realize he was there."

You just nodded still embarrassed.

Muichiro just walked away towards the table where everyone would be eating.

You took a seat next to Mitsuri and Giyu where Muichiro was across from you.

You tried your best to avoid eye contact but it didn't really work.

You'd glance at Muichiro every 10 seconds and clearly he noticed and glanced back.

Kagaya Ubuyashiki started to announce, "Welcome my children to this dinner meeting which celebrates the approval of Y/N from Urokodaki and myself. I hope you all approve of her potential and herself in general."

You felt happy as this dinner was hosted in honor of you.

The Ubuyashiki children started to serve everyone with an appetizer of miso soup and an entree of yaki udon along with a glass of water.

Mitsuri's face was glowing the second she laid her eyes on the food.

Everyone started eating at a normal pace except for Mitsuri and yourself.

You were unconsciously staring into Muichiro's mint eyes while he slurped the udon.

"Y/N! Y/N! Earth to Y/N!"

"Huh?" you said, shocked.

"You haven't taken a bite of your food yet. Are you okay?" Mitsuri asked in a worried tone.

She had 5 bowls stacked on each other while eating another bowl of udon.

"Oh! Yeah I was just uh— thinking of something!" you replied, sweat dripping from your forehead.

She smirked and knew what you were up to.

You instantly looked away, blushing.

Muichiro then spoke up, "Y/N."

Your head cocked up quickly, "Yes?"

"Why have you been staring at me a lot? Do I look weird? Is it something to do with what you told Kanroji earlier?" he replied still emotionlessly.

"Uh—" you added.

"No, no! She's just admiring your beau—" Mitsuri exclaimed but was cut off by your voice.

"No! No! I mean, I'm just bored y'know!"

Muichiro then asked, "Are you sure?"

Is he worried about me? you thought, Oh my god why am I worried about something like that?!

"Yes. I'm sorry." you replied while calming yourself down.

He nodded and continued eating while you took your first bite.