Episode 8

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .*☆゚.

TW: ATTEMPTED SEXUAL ASSAULT

Two days later...

"Your grace, Prince Hyunjin and Prince Hyun-Jae." A squire announced into the large red tent before stepping aside to let in the young royals.

Chan's gaze softened when he saw Hyunjin.

"Apologies for being a bit late, your grace." Hyun-jae cleared his throat as he pushed past Hyunjin.

Chan who shot a glare at Hyun-Jae then looked back to the three noblemen who were also in the tent, awaiting the arrival of Chan's new mate and his vain brother.

Chan stood up from his seat at the shiny brown table and walked towards him.

"You can tell the others to ready the horses," Chan ordered and the nobles nodded then left.

Hyunjin looked up into the king's eyes, curiosity brewing as he looked into his dark spheres, and couldn't help but wonder about the mysteries they could be hiding.

Chan grabbed Hyunjin's hand as he led him out of the tent. "I have something for you." The king said, the gravel crunching beneath their shoes as they made their way over to a beautiful white mare.

Her long silver-gold main shone in the sunlight, the mare became aware of her sudden company when she heard Hyunjin gasp softly as he approached her.

Hyunjin looked back at the king, "She's beautiful." Hyunjin looked back at her, eager to give her a pet on her neck.

"She's yours," Chan said as he folded his hand behind his back. Hyun-Jin's eyes went round then he looked back at the horse, she stared back at him through her thick lashes.

"My lord, I... I cannot accept her—"

"You can. Besides it would be rude not to accept a gift from your king." Chan cut him off. A small smile pulls at his lips.

Hyunjin gave the horse a soft pet on her neck, and the mare willingly accepted Hyun-Jin's touch.

Hyunjin smiled.

⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙

"Does she have a name yet?" Chan asked as he turned his head to look at Hyunjin.

Chan and Hyunjin were riding side by side while Hyun-Jae rode behind them. Hyun-Jae never liked feeling excluded, Chan didn't give a damn about how Hyun-Jae felt.

"Rhaenys," Hyunjin replied looking at Chan. Chan raised his brows in awe.

"Rhaenys? That's quite a unique name."

"Do you believe the stories about the dragons?" Hyunjin asked curiously.

Chan's lips downturned, when he was a child, he did. He used to love hearing his nanny tell stories about them and how they ruled the sky how Balerion the Black Dread was the largest in the world, and that only those of Valyrian blood could tame them.

He doesn't believe in fairytales anymore more, things changed. He needed to grow up...

"As a child, I did. I used to beg the nannies to tell me stories of Balerion the Black Dread." Chan replied. Hyunjin smiled, a part of him felt proud as his father once road Balerion the Black Dread before he went missing.

Because Hyunjin smiled, it made Chan smile as well.

"May I ask you a question?" Hyunjin asked politely. Chan laughed, that was all Hyunjin did most of the time. Even if the alpha had denied him, Hyunjin would have found another way.