ii. chapter two

the class bell rang loudly, but not as loud as the sound of distinctive chatter all across the hallways, gossip, flirting, or whatever.

paradis high students never missed an opportunity for an interesting conversation, not interesting as in boring facts of the economy no one cares about.. rather, if someone slept with their bestfriends brother. and the drama was even hotter than the last day of summer.

historia and sasha waited like puppies by a locker, for the third girl of their little friend group to appear.

sasha texted away like a crazy woman.

while the short blonde was looking at her nails, trying to find an imperfection to fix when she got home, but being interrupted by

"hey"

historia looked up to see just who she has been trying to avoid for years, practically since kindergarten.

"ymir" she squinted her eyes at her, having to look up.

the freckled girl leaned against the lockers, arms crossed over her chest "so.. what are you doing this weekend huh?" she asked, receiving an eyeroll.

"i'm very very very busy this weeknd" historia replied quickly, throwing the fakest smile she could.

"oh is that so?" ymir frowned "what about monday?"

"hmm" historia thought to herself "i think i have something important to do as well"

"then the next weekend?" ymir smirked

"i'll be busy too ymir" she pouted "and all the other weekends for the rest of the year, the ones next year as well, and every other weekend for the rest of my life it seems"

"with what?" ymir asked, stepping slightly closer.

historia felt weird, looking away "uh.. just stuff" she played with her fingers.

this has been going on for years, anyone barely remembered when exactly. ymir, for her whole life has been flirting with historia, from giving her lollipops in second grade, to offering a shopping spree, which was very hard to say no to.

historia wasn't interested, in the slightest, right? so she rejected ymir. also, she didn't want people thinking she swung the other way.

what type of rumors would people invent about her? her friends would hate her, her whole reputation would go down the drain.

"see you later ymir" she smiled again, her cheeks starting to hurt.

"bu-"

"what the fuck are you doing here?" a voice suddenly spoke. you stood there glaring at ymir, almost disgusted by her presence. she would never leave historia alone.

"it's you" ymir sighed.

"are you a newborn? can't you really understand simple words like 'she's. not. interested'? cause you are starting to get more annoying everyday"

"whatever"

you scoffed, ushering her away with your hand, as to ymir complied, not wanting to fight with you right now, maybe some other day.

"she's so disgusting, liking women and being all over historia, she has like zero self-respect" you laughed, making sure she heard you.

sasha agreed, chewing some gum, while historia was yet to process everything that happened.

opening your locker, you took out a pink plumping lip gloss, and turned to the mirror, applying it over your lips, puckering them up slightly.

but then two figures in the small mirror hanging from your locker caught your attention.

it was the one and only pieck finger, besides a friend of hers maybe, totally a nobody.

you slammed the locker door, alerting both girls, as they followed behind you.

"pieck finger" you declared, parting the hallway, as people made room for the three of you to walk in and stand.

pieck stopped her conversation, looking up at you with distaste "oh, yes? did something happen?" she asked innocently.

pieck might have everyone fooled to think she was nice and cute, but you knew what was behind that, she had often spread rumors about you, tried to make your friend group against each other, just because you bullied her as a kid, and then a teen.

she was just another girl wanting to be you.

"is that a necklace from vivienne westwood?" you stepped closer with fake intrigue, pointing to her black heart necklace "it looks gorgeous with your top" you smiled.

pieck took the compliment, noticing your fake kindness.

you turned your head away, over to sasha, whispering a comment "its such a shame, a really cute outfit gets ruined with that elephant nose" she snickered.

turning back to them, you glanced to the male besides her "you are?"

"porco galliard" he stated bluntly.

you only nodded, not really getting any bad impression from him, but knew this interaction with you would probably be anything he talked about for days if he was smart.

just then, pieck was called over by a teacher, and porco followed behind, not before saying goodbye to you with a wave.

"that's a total nobody, what is pieck doing hanging out with him?" you asked yourself, getting and idea "historia, make something up from it" you clicked your fingers, making her move.

she only nodded, texting away a fake rumor about then, already having some phones beep with said notification.

"perfect"