3-Asani

Letting Vixen in, I sigh, throwing back a bit of liquor from my cup, ignoring the burning sensation of it going down my throat.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me that girl was Dakota Blanc? And why did you leave out the part about her having the absolute fucking worst attitude and a mouth even worse?"

"She must be giving you hell already." he says laughing.

"I'm fucking serious, her mouth is... nasty. She loses her temper just like that." I say, snapping in his face. "She slapped me in my damn face."

"Listen, the most I gathered was that she was hot and is the last of her name ruling over her parent's mafia. I thought that was all you needed."

"Her personality and how she acts could have been squeezed into it. She's such a hothead. She's definitely hot, but that attitude is something else." I say, huffing as I drink down the rest of the liquor left in the cup.

Dakota Blanc is something I never expected to experience before. I mean she's very appealing to the senses. She's about five foot three, silky black - brownish hair that falls to the middle of her back, probably longer since she had it curled that night. She's got smooth brown skin that smelled of sweet, soft aromas with pink, soft - looking, lush lips and those green eyes....

That's why the mouth and temper on her completely threw me off. It's been four days since that night and I just can't get her out of my head, and not for any good reasons. I just can't help but wonder why she acts that way. And I'm going to make it my mission to find out.

"Well everything's arranged now, so you don't have any other choice but to make it work, Asani."

"You remember Noah Vernon? The guy who owed us like eighty grand?"

"Yeah, what about him?"

"The night I went to take him out was the first night I met her. I didn't know her at the time, but she took out his whole family."

"Damn. Now I can see her having a bad attitude now."

"I mean, she fucked him up. Said it was revenge and I found out he, along with members of other mafias were the ones who brutally murdered her parents. They've been dead for over five years now."

"So both of you have parents that are dead. That's something you two could connect over."

"Vix, after what she said that night, she doesn't deserve any kindness from me. I walked into this willing to treat her like she's supposed to be treated, but she said some shit that shouldn't have been said. Shit that wasn't necessary, and for that, the harder she wants it to be, the harder it's going to get."

"It's going to be one hell of a year." Vixen says,
pouring himself a drink. Just then there's a harsh knock at the door, and I already know who it is. I groan, walking to the door and when I open it, Dakota stands there with her hands full of things from her home. She drops it at my feet, walking back to her car and dumping things at the front doors.

"Are you gonna pick something up or leave it all right here?"

"Dakota Blanc, is it?" Vixen says, coming in between us.

"And you are?"

"Vixen Bancroft." he says with a charming smile. I roll my eyes in disgust. "Let me help you." he says, grabbing her things in front of me at my feet, and she smiles at him.

"Why, thank you, Vixen. At least somebody here knows how to treat a woman." I groan at her words, walking away as they move things back and forth up the stairs.

After a few minutes, I put down my cup with a clack, deciding that I'd at least help her out a little bit, seeing as I don't want my door opened for too long. I grab the rest of her things, throwing bags and such over my shoulder and I walk upstairs to the room picked out for her, and I drop everything inside, walking out. I notice her smacking Vixen's hands away as he tries to help her put things away. He sneaks to help and when she catches him, she smacks his hand again, cursing.