Prolougue-Charity My Ass.

~A month earlier~

"Hello, would you like to donate money to the Food for Homeless Creatures Foundation?"

"Aw! Of course, what do I have to do?" I asked, situating my phone closer to my ear while petting Fluff, my miniature poodle.

"All I need is your first and last name, birthday, address, and social security," the voice on the other end of the line said.

"First name is S-E-A-M-U-S, pronounced SHAY-MUSS," I quickly said, hating when people say 'SEE-MUS' and/or tell me that's a boy's name. "Last name is Smith. And my address is 12345 Sunset Boulevard Las Angeles, California 98765 . My birthday is July 23rd, and my social security is 2303. Is that all?"

The voice on the other end coughed a little, almost as if stiffling a laugh, but I brushed it off. "Why, yes, you've done more than enough. Thank you, and have a nice day."

"Wait, where is this charity-" I started, but the other end of the line fizzled a little, showing that the other person had hung up.

I sighed, putting my phone down.

"Well, it was for charity, wasn't it little Fluff ball?" I said, scratching my dog's head.

Charity, my ass.

This here was my first step in hell.

_________________________________________

Disclaimer: The address and social security is fake, so... Yeah. Don't try to look Shea up, haha.