eighteen

_____________________________________

Clarke hates the post delivery guy. (She doesn't, actually, he's very sweet, but she hates being woken up early, knowing she'll have to run somewhere, even though that should be her strength as a mother)

Lexa hates the post delivery guy too. (She doesn't know him, but now Clarke is falling out of bed, dragging the blanket partially with her and leaving Lexa exposed to cold)

Lexa squints her eyes and finds Clarke, naked, searching desperately for just any clothes to throw on.

Clarke disappears in the bathroom to get something to put her hair up in a scrambled attempt to make it look neat. In that time, Lexa can reach for the oversized sleep shirt Clarke borrowed her the night before. She feels instinctively more comfortable with the touch of fabric.

Clarke has just gotten on her pants half-way, hopping across the bedroom one-legged trying to keep her balance with her other leg stuck, that she hears voices from the hallway.

Oh no.

This is not the delivery guy. Clarke puts the pants on properly, stumbles outside of her bedroom and yep, just what she expected. Bellamy and Madi are standing in her living room.

"Clarke-" Bellamy says, almost as if he's surprised- or at least apologetic. "I'm sorry, we knocked but I thought you might be out or sleep in- Madi just forgot her biology textbook. We're going to be out again in no time, sorry for interrupting."

"'s fine," Clarke yawns. "I knew you'd forget one thing or the other."

"I don't always forget something," Madi pouts and Clarke nods, ruffling through her daughter's hair.

"I know."

Lexa, in the meanwhile, wonders what takes Clarke so long and why she's talking so much with the delivery guy. Just to make sure she's safe, Lexa slides out of the bedroom too-

-and freezes.

"Lexa?" Madi asks confused, but with a big grin on her face. She hugs the woman excitedly before saying, "I didn't know you guys were the sleepover kind of friends. That's so cool!"

The look the two women get from Bellamy is a little slower though, more intentional. Clarke blushes and Lexa scratches her neck, trying to distract from it by asking Madi, "Is there a reason you're here early? Are you okay?"

"Yep, just got to grab my textbook. I'll be back in a second."

Madi takes a little longer than that, and in the meanwhile, there is an initially awkward silence that, unsurprisingly, Clarke lifts. "So Bell, did you just drive here to drop her off or do you have plans in the city?"

"Madi and I are going to the movies. Uh- what was the movie name again? Heda?"

"Oh, we watched that recently!" Clarke exclaims and Bellamy frowns.

"Who's we?"

"Lexa and I-"

"I got the book," Madi barges in and thriumphiantly holds up an old biology book. Bellamy nods, Clarke gives her daughter one more hug and then Madi is on her way out again and Lexa uses the chance to leave for the kitchen to make Clarke her morning coffee.

Bellamy and Clarke stay a little longer in the living room, only hardly away from Madi in the hallway or Lexa in the kitchen, but Clarke asks, "What?" quietly anyway.

"Nothing. I'm happy for you," Bellamy whispers back and Clarke isn't sure what he's talking about.

"What do you mean you're happy? Lexa's-"