Chapter 3

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

If anyone has any friends that might appreciate this lil' country story, I'd be mighty grateful for a share?
*****

"Hello, country bumpkin....
how's the frost out on the pumpkin,

I've seen some sights,
but babe - you're somethin'

Where'd ya come from,
country bumpkin?"

*sings old-ass country song*

*****

I'm not used to compliments.  Hell, I'm not used to talking to anyone at all much. "Yeah, uh, thank you," I reply, then tack on, "And thank you for heating it up.  With the bread and all."

"You're welcome," Frankie says.  After a slight hesitation, she speaks again, "I've got just one question?"

"What's that?"I respond.

"Where do I sleep?"

*****

I continue to flip flop this way and that in the hay trying to find a comfortable position.  Doggone it.

The seldom used gentleman inside me took over and I allowed Frankie to stay in the house in my bed tonight.  I had a loft area in the cabin that could easily function as another bedroom, but since I wasn't expecting a visitor - let alone a female visitor - I had failed to get it ready in advance.

I'd need to relocate the few things I had stored up there, as well as put together a mattress for Frankie, and some sort of curtain so she could have some semblance of privacy.

She'd insisted on cleaning up the supper dishes, and I'd let her, and I busied myself bringing in some extra logs for the fire so it would last the night.

Then I gathered some blankets and a pillow, said good night, and headed out to the barn, where I'm still wide awake.  It doesn't smell so great either.

I guess Frankie and I could go into town tomorrow if there's anything else she needs to fix up the loft. I have no idea what she brought along with her in those bags other than clothes.

I will be glad to be back in my own bed tomorrow night. Normally I sleep buck naked in my linens, but these wool blankets and hay are prickly and scratching my ass so much I'm forced to put my pants back on. Sonofabitch.

I speculate about the living situation with Frankie.  She did heat up supper and do dishes tonight, so maybe she'll put in enough effort to earn her keep.  Or perhaps she is on good behavior at first to try and pull the wool over my eyes and then she'll sucker me for all I'm worth.  A man can't be too careful nowadays.

How long will she stay here? I hope she doesn't expect me to fix her up with any of the young men in town.  First off, I don't really know any of them.  Secondly, they mostly seem like scoundrels and I don't think she'd want anything to do with them.  At least I hope not.  She seems better than that.

Hot damn, she is pretty. I need to go into the town a bit more so that I'm used to being around womenfolk, cause I feel like I came off like a bumbling fool tonight. Awkward, stuttering, and so on.

And now she's in there in my bed, and I'm out here. I can't help but picture her wrapped in my sheets. I bet they're gonna smell really nice tomorrow when I get back in there. I wonder what she is wearing for sleep clothes? One of them long white cotton gowns like they sell at the mercantile? Just her knickers? Or maybe she ain't wearing a stitch like me when I'm in there.  Frankie is sleeping on sheets that my cock and balls have rubbed against.  Fuck me to tears.