𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐅 : july 4, 1985

𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓 : 4

𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓 : 4.8k

☆゜·。。·゜゜·。。·゜★

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐉𝐎𝐃𝐈 𝐀𝐒𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐎 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐘 𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐑 with her, she didn't think Law was going to tag along, too. Admittedly, she should have known better, having never seen one boy without the other since the day she met them. So, as the three of them wandered towards the entrance together, Jodi forced herself to say goodbye to the romantic, movie-esque first kiss atop the Ferris Wheel that she had imagined every night before bed.

Even with the disappointment weighing heavily on her back, she plastered on a smile and tried to remain optimistic. After all, Frank still had to drop her off back at her house later that night. That could be romantic, too! She was already plotting the perfect way to convince him to walk her to her doorstep.

The repetitive, melodic jingles and laughter emanating from the fair could be heard all the way out in the farthest corners of the grassy, makeshift parking lot. The July air was thick and warm, causing the curls atop Law's head to coil tighter and grow frizzier by the second.

It's important to mention that Law was totally oblivious to the fact that he was impeding on what Jodi had presumed to be a date. In fact, she seemed to be the only one who had some preconceived notions about the evening, as Frank had actually been the one to invite his friend along. Never in his wildest dreams did he think that a girl like Jodi would have wanted to go on a date with him — alone, totally lacking in social buffers.

But date or not, both of the boys were just excited to have plans that night.

"So, what are we hittin' first?" Law excitedly asked. "Should we ease into the night? Maybe a little Ferris Wheel action? I'm pretty sure they'll let us squeeze three to a seat if we ask nicely."

Frank warily peered over at him, already nervously clutching his stomach. "The Ferris Wheel is your idea of easing into the night?"

The group crept forward in line, just one small family away from buying their tickets. Law's eyebrows had knitted together, meeting Frank's eyes with an incredulous look. "I mean, we can start on the Gravitron, if you want, but–"

"I didn't think we were going to ride the Gravitron at all!" Frank exclaimed, his eyebrows lifted. "You know I get motion sickness..."

"No Gravitron? Are you serious? You can't be serious..."

Frank let out a deep sigh, even rolling his eyes discreetly. A big reaction from the man of few words. This didn't stop the curly-headed boy from continuing to make a scene, loudly talking across Jodi.

"So, no Merry-Go-Round either, then? Will that have you yacking afterwards, too?" He didn't mean for his words to come out so mocking, but he was just a real wear-your-heart-on-your-sleeve kind of guy.