Ch.29: I'm tired of hurting

(Liliana's POV)

I ran until I reached the back of the church and sat at the benches where me and Frollo had lunch together that one day.
I figured since nobody came back here that there wasn't a good chance that I would be followed by my stupid brother.
"God he's such an idiot" I screamed to myself before burying my face into my hands.
I cried so much that I was giving myself a headache and my whole body was overheating with anger.
Suddenly I heard footsteps coming towards me.
Sucking up my sadness, I quickly looked up and expected to see the person I was upset with.
But instead there stood the man who seemed to always come to my aid when I was upset or in danger.
".. I'm sorry for running off again...I just want to be alone right now" I said trying to move away from him. I knew he had come to comfort me, but I didn't want to bother him anymore. Especially after making him angry earlier.
Frollo places a hand on my shoulder to stop me, and shook his head at me.
"I can't leave you alone knowing how sad and upset you are." He said in a calm yet serious voice.
"But..I just made you mad not to long ago, why would you want to be around me now?" I questioned.
Frollo sighed and without warning picked me up bridal style and placed a kiss on my forehead.
"Because a moment away from you is pure toucher for me. I don't care how angry I may get, I still can't stand to see you hurt Lily. Any time I see you cry, it's like a dagger has been stabbed into my heart....that's a feeling I never thought I could ever feel again..you mean so much to me..I cant bear to see an ounce of pain in those beautiful eyes of yours."
His words were so sincere that more tears came to my eyes.
Not being able to hold back anymore I wrapped my arms around his neck and held onto him for dear life.
He rubbed my back to comfort me and kissed away the tears that fell onto my cheeks.
"..I don't want to hurt anymore.. I'm not sure how much more I can take" I said as I layed my head on his shoulder.
"I know dearest, you've been through enough. Heaven knows how much weight has been put into your shoulders...let me be the one to ease your burden."
I was about to ask him what he meant by that but the sound of thunder and the feeling of rain coming down caught my attention.
"Let's get you home Lily, the last thing you need is to get sick."
With that said he quickly carried me towards his carriage that was waiting for him.
"Um.. Claude I can walk you know" I said expecting him to put me down.
"I know you can Liliana, but I like you in my arms" he said with a smirk.
I couldn't help but smirk back and hold his hand as we rode next to one another in the carriage. I was starting to feel a whole lot better.