Chapter 2 : Good Morning

As the sun shines on you, you stretch out as you push the hot blanket off you. Fuck it's hot today. But that's just an obstacle today! The world isn't going to stop you, you sit up and go to your closet to change out of your pajamas. You pick out a pair of blue jeans and a short sleeved dress shirt, you enjoy having your style reflect your clean cut personality... Maybe you're too much at times but you'd rather look like a try hard than well, someone who doesn't try...

After slipping on your everyday pair of shoes, you fix your appearance and go to the bathroom. After washing your face with cleanser, you brush your teeth, floss, use some mouthwash, and apply some lip balm. While you don't like admitting it, your morning routine is very dramatic but you care a lot about how others perceive you. I mean, you're going to Harvard and you're from a little small town called Hurricane in fucking Utah.

As you brush off your thoughts, you walk to the kitchen to eat breakfast. Your parents are at work, they always work early and long hours so you've always had to take care of yourself. You prepare yourself something small and quick, you don't know why you're in a rush... Michael probably won't even talk to you today because you know, it'll take a while to get through to him. But nonetheless, you're not lazy and you finish up quickly before cleaning your dishes. And you leave your house in an efficient manner.

.

It takes a while for you to find Michael, you knew he'd be at his dad's diner but you didn't know he apparently fixed animatronics now? You really have drifted apart. You slowly open the door labeled Parts and Service, he seems to be busy and Michael definitely doesn't hear the door since he's listening to music. You ponder for a second before tapping on his shoulder and he tenses up. He takes his headphones off and turns around, the shock on his face visible before turning into a scowl. Obviously, Michael wasn't expecting to see you.

Right before you say anything, Michael puts his headphones back on which looked on purpose. You frown slightly and tapped him again which just made him ignore you further. You roll your eyes and decide to look at what Michael was doing, you never really spent time at diner growing up. It seemed he was fixing some faulty wiring on the bear animatronic. Freddy? Fredrick? FredBear? Fuck, you don't know.

Michael stops when he realizes you're still there, he just nudged his chair away from you slightly. Real mature. Finally, you were fed up with Michael's little avoidance game and pulled his headphones off.

"What the fuck?" Michael mutters bluntly, glaring at you with this look of annoyance in his eyes before trying to grab his headphones back.

You only back up with his headphones, "I'm trying to talk to you, you fucker." You say, annoyance also clear in your voice as you speak.

Michael rolls his eyes, "Yeah, it's called ignoring you. Learn about it, smart ass." Michael shot back, clearly not in the mood to talk to you.

"I know what it is, I'm just not allowing you to." You mutter, setting his headphones on the table, you start leaning against the table with your arms crossed.

Michael just glares at you more before asking, "What the fuck do you even want?" with a huff, going back to work on that bear thing. Weren't they gold? Huh...

"I just wanted to say good morning." You mumble, it's not a lie but it's also not the complete truth.

"Morning..." Michael said back quietly, some of the annoyance leaving his voice as he focuses on his work.

You take a second before speaking up, "Do you wanna go get lunch later?" You ask, trying to start something even though you feel he'll deny it either way.

Michael pauses then answers, "Why would I wanna do anything with you?" Michael mutters bluntly with a dry tone which kind of gets on your nerves. It didn't really sound like a question.