Chapter 15 : Just Some Fun

You practically yell, "Hey Mikey!" into Michael's ear, making him rightfully jump and flinch around. He playfully glares at you before fixing his composure as he flashes a toothy grin in your direction. A grin that makes your heart flutter...

"You fucking scared me, L/N(Last Name)," Michael says, crossing his arms as if he was angry before his face softens up.

You let out a small laugh, "I noticed, Afton." You respond, finding it funny that he referred to you like that so you did it back.

Michael rolls his eyes, grabbing his phone to probably pause the music on his headphones before he turns his attention to you. "So what's up?" He asks, the way he gives you attention and pushes everything aside for you. It makes you feel fuzzy on the inside, you're not used to getting this type of undivided attention. Is it selfish to like it?

You shrug, "Nothing really, just wanted to have some fun." You respond, sitting on the table causally which Michael chuckles at slightly.

"Have some fun?" He quotes, raising an eyebrow at you and tilts his head when you say that.

"Mhm!" You hum in confirmation, a happy smile plastered on your face.

Michael shakes his head, going back to working on that creepy duck animatronic, IS IT A CHICKEN? Regardless, he gets back to it. You're about to say something else when he literally removes the head of it, the scary ass endoskeleton revealed. You wince slightly, you never liked these creepy things. You shift slightly as he messes around with a couple bolts of the jaw, you're a little curious since you've never seen him at work too much. You ignored most of it while growing up so you're intrigued, so you kind of just peer over and watch in the moment which gets his attention.

Michael continues working on it, not bothered by your staring, "Can I help you?" He asks causally as he does things you really don't understand too well to the duck thing.

You laugh slightly, "No, no. Just curious, you're super skilled with these guys, you'd make an amazing engineer, you know..." You comment,

"Okay then, weirdo." Michael jokes, sticking his tongue out at you in an obvious playful manner.

You roll your eyes in response, "Oh! I completely forgot, I wanted to ask you something!" You chirp, clapping your hands together as you speak.

"Yeah? Fucking seal." He responds, poking fun at your reaction which you playfully glare at him which just makes Michael chuckle, clearly satisfied with your reaction.

"Okay so the town is having its annual summer carnival! Wanna go, it's next week!" You cheerfully ask, your excitement was fairly obvious as you spoke and you weren't going to hide it.

"When?" Michael simply asks, messing with wires connected to the jaw of the chicken animatronic.

"Next week?..." you respond, confused by what he meant.

Michael sighs, chuckling to himself, "No, I mean what day do you want to go?" He clarifies, brushing his hair out of his freckled face.

You stare at him for a second before responding, "Oh! Well we could go for the whole week or something! They have new events every week so it would be an amazing bonding experience," you happily answer, messing his hair up after he just fixed it.

Michael sighs, fixing his hair again, "Ah, I'm not gonna be here Thursday morning till Monday morning. That's why I was asking." He comments, messing up your hair this time which you kind of deserved.

You laugh slightly from his action before realizing what he said, "Wait why?" You ask, your feeling confusion coming back like a boomer rang.

"My dad is taking me with him to SLC (Salt Lake City) for the weekend," he mumbles, clearly uninterested in the fact as he thinks about it.