The nightmare is over?

Shadow's POV

We step into the restaurant. It seems pretty busy. Gladly we get seated in a seperate room. "Oh dang I forgot to call ahead, what would you kids like to eat?" Dada Jon looks at Dani and me. We point out what we would like. Dani chooses pancakes, while I choose a steak.

The waitress walks over to us and bows. We all bow our heads. Dada Jon orders our food and drinks. The waitress looks at me and Dani, she then looks at dada Jon "I'm sorry to ask your highness, but isn't the name of your daughters service dog Mav?". Dada Jon smiles "yes it is". The waitress smiles then looks at Dani "well princess, your service dog walked ahead and he is in the kitchen waiting for you, would you like him to get him from the kitchen?, before he eats all the chicken".

Dani nods her head and follows the waitress to the kitchen. After a while they are back. Mav is covered in left over chicken. Dads shake their heads laughing. Mom looks at Dani and smiles. "Dani dear, did they give you more chicken to feed to Mav?". Dani laughs and takes a chicken nugget out of her pocket. Dads smile.

Mav lays underneath our table . Soon after Dani sits down our food arrives. The waitress places our food down and then walks away.

We eat our food. I see Dani take a few nuggets from her pocket giving it to Mav. I eat my steak looking at the surroundings.

After we're all done eating we pay and head back to the carriage. Dads help me get into the carriage and Dani soon follows.

On the way home it started to rain. Sometimes I really hate this weather. One moment it's dry the other is pouring. When we arrive home it gladly stopped raining.

Dani, Mav and I ran back into the house hanging our coats up and taking our shoes off. Dads and mom soon follow. Dani and I changed into our pyjamas and then run back downstairs.

Soon the night falls. Mom told us that we are getting homeschooled next school year because Dani had to deal with bullying. Gladly the new school year doesn't start untill August and since it's now May almost June, there was no use in going back to school for us.

Dads brought us to bed. They tucked us in. Dada Jon kissed our foreheads and went to his office. Dad Rich sat down in the rocking chair and read us a story.

Story:

A long time ago there was a kingdom not so far from here. It was ruled by vampires and werewolves. One day the king decided it was time to retire and he stepped down from the throne. His two sons took over.

One day the brothers were bored out of their brains. It had been a quiet day. Their children were still in school so they had to wait. Or maybe not.

They headed to town to pick up their kids from school. Their kids were pulled out of class. Immediately the kids thought that something happened. Their dads reassured them that nothing was wrong but that they just wanted to spent some time with their kids.

They headed back home. On the way home they stopped for ice cream and cake. They also went shopping together.

Their mom was at home taking care of the horses. She saw the two brothers and their kids return home. "Dears, why are the kids out of school already?" The mother said. The brothers smiled "well, we were bored and we wanted to spend some time with the kids". The mother smiled "well then, kids go put on your pyjamas, we're having a movie night".

The kids ran to their rooms changing into their pyjamas. They came back down and their parents had set up everything including popcorn. The kids sat onto the sofa watching the movie with their parents.

And they all lived happily ever after.

End of story.

Dad Rich looked at Dani she had fallen a sleep first. I also nodded off quickly. Dad placed an extra blanket onto our beds.

He then went downstairs. "Are the kids a sleep? Dada Jon asked. "Yes they are, I just hope Dani sleeps through the night". Rose looked at them both "you never know if she does, you know her nightmares get worst every night". Dada jon sighs "I know, last night she made her scalp bleed because of what the council did".

The three of them sat on the sofa. Hoping that their kids slept through the night.