the meat

The parking lot was, of course, empty. Albert wasn't surprised, just still trying to be fast-paced. He pushed through the metal doors, his hands aching from the previous time he opened it. The inside of the store was dimly lit, only one worker was there. A man, older than Albert. Probably in his mid thirties, and it showed. The man had short, dark brown hair to compliment his eyes and he was dressed in white. He also obviously needed to trim his unibrow. Albert, though tempted to stare in disgust, kept his eyes down towards the freezers, in search of the special meat the thing desired. He reached a row, which smelled strongly of flesh, and at the end had a chunk of meat which seemed to glow. He was used to it to an extent, being raised in florida takes a toll on a person. Albert walked up to the counter of the man, and looked him in the eyes. It was really hard to however. "Uhm.. may I get that, pedestal meat?" He said shyly. The man, which a bold and overbearing voice boomed, "Well of course you can!! Any meat we sell, you can have! Who's it going to?" Albert gulped down what was left of his pride and responded, "Some, thing. It's in the laundromat and asked me for some meat." The man's expression faded, panic filling his eyes. However, when he continued, suddenly he was back to his normal expression. "For thing? Take it for free," He said, handing it to me packaged, and suddenly the panic was back for a moment, "You better hurry, that thing isn't one to fool with." Albert nodded, and left, which him telling me his loud goodbyes. Once he nudged his elbow through the door, he looked up and mentally thanked the night sky, for being quieter than that man. Albert huddled back into his car, placing the packaged meat into the passenger seat of the car. He began driving again, watching the road intensely. The panic in the mans eyes were obvious, as sweat ran down his distorted face. Albert, unaware of who could listen to him, he began talking to himself. "I mean, what does this thing even want? It's just some weird monster, I shouldn't even give it this dumb expired meat!!" He said, yelling. Suddenly, the radio cut on. It was static at first, but it then started playing old 60's music, which was quite eerie. Albert began shaking, and in the heat of the moment considered crashing the car and killing himself, this stupid night was driving him insane. Suddenly, the radio began playing out an ad for the meat shop he'd just went to, but it had an interval, which sounded quite directed. "Don't ever call the meat we sell dumb or expired again, unless you want thing to be unhappy with your 'pointless' task." Albert turned the radio off in fear. Slamming his hand against the button. He realized he was approaching the laundromat again, so he took the turn he needed, and parked. However, before turning off the car, he took a deep breath. 'If my time runs short tonight, I hope she knows I love her.' He thought to himself, and prepared to enter the place of nightmares again.