quest complete

Albert opened the door to his car, grabbing the packaged meat in one hand, walking out at a faster pace. He used his free wrist to open the door to the laundromat. "Hello? ..Helloo??" Albert called, nervously. Suddenly the thing appeared, sitting atop the table it had been under. "Is this what you wanted?" Albert asked, holding up the meat to the thing, his eyes averted from looking at it. "You want this?" Albert said impatiently, the thing sitting silent still. Albert had panic flare up in his eyes, and suddenly the thing reacted. It raised up a hand, and waved its finger. "No? Wha.. What do you want?" Albert said, and suddenly his voice was breaking. The fear of what this thing could possibly want was breaking into Alberts skin. The thing raised its hand higher, and suddenly pointed for a second time, and pointed out the window. Albert turned around, and saw a woman, walking down the dark paved road. "Her?? No.." He said, as he recognized the face. It was her, the girl he's fallen for. The thing grabbed the meat, and it suddenly had razor sharp claws extend, cutting through the meat. Then, it pointed at Albert, turning its head to the side. Albert then knew if he didn't get the girl, that was the things intention with him. Suddenly, Albert began walking. He quickened his stride as he exited the laundromat, looking towards the girl. He reached to her, missing her shoulder for a few minutes, until finally he got to her.

Silence. Many seconds, maybe even minutes, of silence. The girl wasn't in front of him anymore, she had simply disappeared. Albert looked around, in complete awe. But suddenly, he looked down. His face was filled with horror, with tears. Laying on front of him, was meat. It was curved, and salmon red. As it sat there, oozing red liquid, probably blood, exited the folds and holes of the skin. It looked like flesh, it was thick and came in chunks, but if you touched it, it most likely would break apart. Albert looked back, and the thing just stood, inside the laundromat. Albert couldn't talk, tears streamed down his face without sound. He was mortified. Moved, by the sight. However, the thing seemed joyous as ever. It left the laundromat, and once it did it was barely visible in the dark night. As the hum of the fluorescent lights seemed to fade into the distant obscurity of night, Albert stood, frozen. Numb.