CHAPTER 26

****

****

I'm seriously impressed with the comments I'm getting, so I am updating A DAY after my update! You better love me.

Any way, more comments, more updates...

Recap;

"WRONG!" he cried, and raised the bat. This time, the blow landed across the back of my thighs. I was horrified to find that I was naked.

I winced, and glared at him.

"Miss Veynox, brilliant to meet you. My name is Duncan, I'm James's twin brother."

"Why?" I choked between clenched teeth.

"Because I told him too, that's why." my mothers voice had me grinding my teeth.

"They'll kill you!" Damien snapped at me.

"Yes, and if you save me, they kill YOU!" I snapped back.

There was a pause, and I saw conflicting emotion in his eyes.

"I could do that." he whispered. "I would do it for you."

I stared into the icy clear blue eyes. There was only truth behind them. He'd sacrifice his own life to save me.

"Why now?" I asked the question that had been plaguing the back of my mind. "Why now, when you have tried to kill me countless times!"

He looked at me, deep in thought.

"Katrina, I loved you." he whispered. "I loved you, I love you, I still do. When you found out that I worked for your mom, and we ended things. It was too much. I was too hurt that you'd break me, just for that. Katrina I still love you, so much." he whispered

Damien reached around, pulled me to him, and kissed me. The kiss was nice, it was slow. His apology. When he pulled back, he cupped my face in his hands, and his eyes searched mine.

I knew the reaction he wanted. And I also knew what I was going to give him.

"I'm so sorry, Damien." I whispered, and I felt a tear leak over. "I feel nothing..."

He slowly nodded, and I saw the pain in his eyes.

Damien was in kneeling position with four guns pointed at him, including my Mother, on his left. She held her gun to his temple, and was wearing a black suit with a white button up.

"Come back, and I wont kill him." she yelled across the parking lot.

"Katrina, DRIVE!" Damien yelled, and the next moment seemed like slow motion.

My mother pulled the trigger. I saw the back of Damien's skull explode, and his eyes roll back in his head and he slumped to the ground.

I felt my nose burn, and I gasped as tears spilled over.

Oh god, Damien, why? I loved you, and you die on me.

I didn't love him anymore. But I still cared about him so deeply.

And he was dead.

Then there was James's twin.

I couldn't take this. Tears turned to a verifiable flood, and I was convulsing, my stomach trying to make me throw up, but it had no contents. I loved him. But now that was over.

The tears just came... and came... and came...

And I knew that no matter what, it would still hurt when I though abut his kiss, his hair, his smile, and those eyes....