Braelyn

Knowing how to start off your story can be an easy decision or a very difficult one. I had always known the beginning of mine but I didn't think about how to put it out into the real world.

Things have always been difficult for me. Growing up with a famous pair of actors in my house wasn't at all easy. We constantly had to hide in our house to keep away from the news and paparazzi. Even though my dads have not always been popular, they've always known how to put their stories out there. Growing up in a world where being gay was unacceptable to society they always made it easy for themselves, just by knowing that everything between them was going to be okay. No matter what happened in the world around them, they knew they were going to be accepted one day. Now that being openly gay is accepted it has become way easier for my parents to just be them.

I love my dads, I do, but it gets very hard. I get teased at school for not having a mother to help me through certain parts of my life, getting my first period or boyfriend etc. High school is difficult for that reason. What people didn't know is that my dads were always very helpful and supportive. They've helped me through some of the most difficult times in my life. Getting your period for the first time with only gay males in the house was awkward but they immediately understood how to help me through it. They always helped me with buying the necessities for when that time came along every month. They had always understood how to take care of me and how to treat me with certain opinions or decisions. What they didn't understand about me was why I didn't want to be a famous actress. They had put me through acting lessons when I was younger but I never felt the passion for it like they did. I loved music. Every part of it, learning new instruments, writing lyrics, composing my own music. Music was my passion but I hadn't been able to tell my dads about that.

"Braelyn! It's time to go to the premiere!" One of my dads called up to me. I close my notes app and set my phone down on my desk. I look at myself in the mirror, that's gently hung above my desk and run my hands through my hair, brushing out my ironed curls. I make sure my makeup looks good and fix it up if I have to. I get up and walk over to my closet quietly. I picked out a short light green dress and a pair of white heels. I quickly put myself together and grabbed my phone before heading downstairs to meet with my parents.

"Are you ready to go?" My dad Garrett asks me. I nod with a small smile on my face. He gives me a small chuckle when my other dad Ross meets him at his side.

"You look beautiful Braelyn. That color looks very good on you." Ross exclaims with a clap of his hands. I smile with a hint of embarrassment and put some hair behind my right ear.

"Let's go to this premiere!" Garrett says promptly sticking his hand into the air. Ross and I start to laugh as the three of us make our way to the front door.

The event already seemed packed when we got there. We were about 15 minutes early and the paparazzi, news, and journalists were already there. They were conducting interviews and taking pictures with all the other stars of this upcoming movie. My fathers and I get out of our car and are immediately bombed with questions and pictures. I try my best to ignore them all as we step onto the small one sided carpet behind the security guards. I knew this routine all too well. We take pictures from the paparazzi, get interviewed by some journalists then we head inside to meet with the other stars and their children and spouses if they had any.

When we walk into the hall my eyes immediately meet with a familiar pair of blue-grey ones across the room. I see my friend Tori smile and make her way towards me. I release a sigh of relief as she stands across from me.

"Thank god you're here Tori. I didn't remember if you said you could make it or not." I say pulling her into a much needed hug. She smiles at me as she pulls away from the hug and takes a sip of the drink she has in her hand. Tori had been my best friend since the first grade. Our parents almost always starred in the same films so we saw each other at things like this a lot.